Summer is here and we’ve got a great way to cool off, tropical cocktail booze cubes. Coconut water, pineapple juice, and rum frozen and ready for your glass!
A few months ago, Kim and I decided to poll our followers on Facebook and ask them what kind of recipes they’d like to see from us this Summer. Overwhelmingly, mixed drinks and salads seemed to be what we heard about the most. So, we set about creating posts that echoed what our followers desired.
Kim started to work on the salads and I took the drinks. For today’s post, I bring you booze cubes. A mixed drink, perfectly frozen, that can be dissolved in a liquid of your choice. I chose sparkling water so you could see how pretty the melting cocktail looks when served. Feel free to change things as you desire; additionally, I will be providing for extra tips in the instructions below.
Tropical Cocktail Booze Cubes Instructions:
- First, grab all of your ingredients in advance to make the preparation process easier for you. Using a large pitcher or blender, combine the pineapple juice, coconut water, and rum. You don’t have to mix everything in the tools I listed, as long as the container used can hold more then 30-ounces you should be good to go.
- Next, pour the mixture into a large ice cube tray. Now, chances are you will have left-over tropical cocktail drink mix. It’s okay, use it however you see fit. For example, pour it into another ice cube tray or into a popsicle mold to make boozy popsicles. Moreover, you could get really creative and cook it down into a sweet dessert sauce for angel food or pound cake.
- Last, place the ice cube tray into your freezer for at least 8-hours. Now, I recommend leaving the tropical cocktail booze cubes to freeze overnight. Don’t pull them too early or you will have a sticky mess on your hands, literally. Once the cubes have frozen, drop 3 of them into 8-ounces of liquid (your choice) and serve them in stemless wine glasses, cocktail glasses, or even Collins’ glasses. Garnish the drinks with fresh fruit like lime, lemons, or even strawberries.
We’ve a list of tasty drinks to keep you cool this Summer! Like our Lemonade Tequila Drink or these Rum Mixed Drinks. Remember, if you don’t like the booze, then just remove the alcohol and enjoy virgin versions of either beverage!
Summer is here and we've got a great way to cool off, tropical cocktail booze cubes. Coconut water, pineapple juice, and rum frozen and ready for your glass!
- 12 Ounces Pineapple Juice
- 12 Ounces Coconut Water
- 6 Ounces Rum (light or coconut)
- 32 Ounces Sparkling Water (flavor of your choice)
First, in a large pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, coconut water, and rum.
Next, pour the drink into a large ice cube tray. (see notes in post about any left-over mix.)
Last, freeze overnight and then serve 3 cubes in a cocktail glass with about 8 ounces of sparkling water. Garnish with fresh fruit like lemon or lime wedges.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients listed and a serving size of 3-cubes dissolved in 8-ounces of sparkling water. Actual calories will vary depending. I recommend leaving the ice cubes to freeze overnight and for faster melting serve them in room temperature sparkling water.