Our tropical vodka punch is a simple 5-ingredient vodka and rum drink that takes minutes to prepare. Making it the perfect party punch for a crowd!
Party punch, it’s a simple cocktail that’s been popular for decades. Everyone has their own concoction, and I’m no different. I can’t take total credit for this one. An old friend introduced me to this drink about 20 years ago.
While the drink is tasty, it’s a strong alcoholic punch that has a kick that can’t be denied. If you prefer something a little lighter, then check out our rum mixed drinks or our pomegranate mimosa recipe.
In the meantime, let’s get into the kitchen and start mixing beverages. Which, turns out, is one of my favorite things to do.
How to make tropical vodka punch:
First, start by slicing the fresh fruit you wish to add to the rum and vodka mixed punch.
We used fresh oranges and Maraschino cherries. The fruit is optional, but using it adds a ton of color to the drink.
Next, grab a large pitcher or punch bowl. Place the ice cubes and the fruit slices into the dish.
Then, pour in the tropical fruit punch, rum, and vodka. Last, stir and serve the chilled cocktail.
Typically a fruit punch vodka goes well from most tropical flavors like, pineapple, mango, papaya, and kiwi fruit. Also, you can add rum to the mixed drink for added flavor and alcohol content.
Usually a mid to low shelf vodka or rum mixed with pineapple juice, coconut water, and/or fruit punch.
- ½ gallon tropical punch (64 ounces)
- ½ cup coconut rum or more to taste
- ½ cup vodka or more to taste
- Orange slices and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Place ice in a large pitcher. Pour in punch, rum, and vodka. Stir to combine. Garnish with orange slices and cherries if desired.Ice½ gallon tropical punch½ cup coconut rum½ cup vodkaOrange slices and maraschino cherries
- Serve in individual glasses over ice.