*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Craving a simple sweet bread for dessert? Then try our homemade chocolate chip loaf cake made with semi-sweet chocolate chips!
Sometimes you just can’t decide on what you want for dessert. A lot of boxed or packaged treats can be overwhelmingly sweet.
Dessert recipes that are easy and have just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy your cravings without drowning your taste buds in sugar.
This chocolate chip loaf cake is one of those treats that perfectly balances savory and sweet.
It’s basically a regular loaf of quick bread with 2/3-cup of chocolate chips added for flavor.
The only tools you need to create this recipe are a 9×5-inch loaf pan, mixing bowls, a hand mixer, and a rubber spatula.
How to make a chocolate chip loaf cake?
First, start by removing the butter from your fridge. You want it to soften for at least an hour before you start the recipe.
After that, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, grab a large mixing bowl and combine the following ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
Afterward, in separate mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the butter and sugar until it’s light and creamy.
Now, once you’ve creamed the butter and sugar together, you can mix in the eggs and vanilla.
When the eggs and vanilla have been incorporated, pour in the milk and continue the mixing batter.
Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet batter. Use your hand mixer, on low, to combine everthing.
You’ll only want to mix the ingredients until no flour streaks remain. We’ve provided another photo below to use as a reference.
At this point, it’s time to stir in the chocolate chips. For this step, I recommend using the rubber spatula so you don’t over mix the batter.
Once the chocolate chips are incorporated, pour the mixture into your loaf pan.
Place the pan into the oven to bake for about 60-minutes or until it passes the, “toothpick” test.
Last, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 5-minutes before moving the bread to a cooling rack.
That’s it, your chocolate chip loaf cake is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the dessert and wish you all the best 🙂
- If it looks like your cake is over browning on top, cover it with foil tent while it bakes.
- Feel free to substitute peanut butter chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips for a whole new twist on this bread.
- Don’t want to use eggs, then try using flax seed eggs instead.
Looking for more easy quick bread recipes?
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen and our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes!
Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk (we used whole)
- 2/3 Cup Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate, large bowl use a hand mixer to combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Next, add the milk and continue to mix and then add the dry ingredients. Beat on low speed until no flour streaks remain, but don’t over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips, then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Add a foil tent if the bread appears to be browning too quickly.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.