Swirls of cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla cream cheese top soft, warm oatmeal in this inviting, protein filled breakfast dish. One bite of our cinnamon oatmeal and you’ll be in love.
The last couple of weeks has been crazy at my house. I’ve had little to no time to get a post out during the week. Saturday is finally here so it’s time to get back to what I love, cooking and sharing recipes.
One of my favorite breakfast dishes is a warm bowl of cinnamon oatmeal. It’s the perfect blend of spices and sweetness. I can’t think of a more satisfying way to start your day. You’ve got to try this recipe!
This recipe has a couple of steps, so I will separate everything out so it’s easy to follow along. How about we get started.
Start with the Oatmeal:
- First, start by cooking the oatmeal per the box instructions.
- Then, once the oatmeal is done, add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the pan. Mix everything together.
Make the Cinnamon Swirl:
- First, in a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of unflavored protein powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Next, add warm water, about a teaspoon at a time, to make a paste.
Make the Cream Cheese Swirl:
- First, place 3 tablespoons of cream cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 15 – 20 seconds.
- Now, add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla to the cream cheese and mix well.
Cinnamon Oatmeal Assembly:
- First, place the oatmeal in a serving bowl.
- Next, using a squirt bottle or plastic bag with the tip of one corner cut off, swirl cinnamon sugar mixture in a spiral design on top of the oatmeal.
- Last, add the vanilla flavored cream cheese in the same swirl design as the cinnamon sugar. All done!
- Feel free to use quick oats to cut down on cooking times.
- You can cut down on the liquid in oatmeal if you want your cinnamon oatmeal to look like ours.
- The cinnamon swirl can be made while the oatmeal cooks.
Looking for another great breakfast idea? Then check out
Swirls of cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla cream cheese top soft, warm oatmeal in this inviting, protein filled breakfast dish. One bite of our cinnamon oatmeal and you'll be in love.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (According to package directions)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons unflavored protein powder
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar (Amount can be adjusted for sweetness.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (Amount can be adjusted to taste.)
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Prepare oats according to instructions on package. This recipe was made using 1 serving.
After oats are cooked, remove from heat and add vanilla.
Mix protein powder, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Add warm water 1 teaspoon at a time to form a paste. The paste should be thick enough to hold together but thin enough to swirl.
Heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 15 - 20 seconds.
Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
Place oatmeal in a serving bowl.
Place cinnamon sugar mixture in a squirt bottle, dessert decorator, or plastic bag with the corner tip cut off. Swirl the mixture on top of the oatmeal.
Repeat the same process with the cream cheese mixture.
Serve immediately and enjoy!