*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cinnamon oatmeal is full of cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla. It’s topped with a sweet icing drizzle and tastes just like a fresh baked cinnamon roll. It’s the perfect breakfast treat!
We are huge fans of homemade cinnamon rolls! Aren’t most people? While the thought of eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast everyday sounds like paradise, it’s not exactly feasible or healthy.
That’s what makes cinnamon oatmeal one of my favorite breakfast dishes. It’s the perfect blend of spices and sweetness with all the flavors of a cinnamon roll. I can’t think of a more satisfying way to start your day. You’ve got to try this recipe!
How to Make the Perfect Cinnamon Oatmeal:
This recipe has a couple of steps, so I will separate everything out so it’s easy to follow along. How about we get started.
Start with the Cinnamon Oatmeal:
First, start by heating the milk in a medium saucepan. Let it heat until it just begins to boil but not a full boil.
Add the oats, and pull the pan off the heat. If the oatmeal looks a little thick, pour in some additional milk to thin it out a bit.
Next, add the cinnamon and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Separate the oatmeal into two separate bowls, and set aside.
Make the Sweet Icing Drizzle:
Place the powdered sugar into a small bowl and add the milk. Whisk to combine.
Drizzle over the prepared oatmeal.
Serve the cinnamon oatmeal immediately.
Add additional milk or fresh ground cinnamon as garnish.
- Feel free to use quick oats to cut down on cooking times.
- Are you watching your sugar intake? Substitute the brown sugar and icing with a sugar substitute or leave it out all together.
- For a gluten-free option, substitute regular rolled oats for your favorite gluten-free variety.
- Did we use too much or too little cinnamon for your tastes? Adjust the amount for your liking. This recipe is really versatile!
- For a dairy free or vegan option, switch the milk for your favorite almond, soy, or coconut milk.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 to 2 Cups Milk or Water, (depending on package recommendations and desired thickness)
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 - 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon, (to taste)
- 6 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk until it just begins to boil. Add the oats and remove from heat. Add additional milk if the oatmeal is too thick.
- Add the brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Place the oatmeal into two separate bowls.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the warm oatmeal.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of half (1/2) a cup of the cinnamon oatmeal with the icing glaze. Actual calories will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 4gSugar: 42gProtein: 5g