*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Make perfect oatmeal every time with our Instant Pot steel cut oats recipe! Use your pressure cooker to create a hearty dish with your favorite toppings.
As we move closer to October, temperatures will start to drop. As a result, you’ll probably start craving warm meals.
Why not start your day with hearty, filling breakfast? For today’s recipe, we decided to share Kim’s pressure cooker steel cut oatmeal.
The best part of this recipe is how it can be changed to fit your tastes. Don’t like apples, then try berries instead.
So, shall we get started?
How to make Instant Pot steel cut oats?
This is another super simple recipe that only takes a few minutes to put together.
First, start by washing, peeling, coring, and dicing the apple. Next, place the liner into the cooker.
Then, toss in the oats, water, apple pieces, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
After that, put on the lid, seal the valve, and press the manual or high pressure cook button.
Set the steel cut oats to cook for four (4) minutes. When it’s done, allow for a ten (10) minute natural release before releasing the pressure manually.
Last, open the lid, stir the steel cut oats, and serve the dish. You can put any toppings you like on the oatmeal.
That’s it, your Instant Pot steel cut oats recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and wish you all the best 🙂
Do steel cut oats need to be soaked?
Technically, no, they don’t need to be soaked. If soaked for an extended period of time, then they’ll cook faster.
However, as you can see from our post, they’ll still cook in ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes in a pressure cooker. So, why soak them for twenty (20) minutes?
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
If you like our pressure cooker steel cut oats recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats Recipe
- 1 Large Apple (washed, peeled, and diced)
- 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Salt to Taste
- Place the oats, water, apple pieces, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt into the Instant Pot. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Close the lid, and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Use the manual (pressure cook) button, and adjust the time to 4 minutes. After the time is up, allow a 10 minute natural release before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid, and stir the oats.
- Serve hot and add your favorite toppings like additional apples, sprinkled cinnamon, freshly ground nutmeg, peanut butter or almond butter, maple syrup, honey, or milk.