*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our garlic butter sauce for pasta is the perfect midweek meal! A garlicky butter sauce tossed with any pasta you love and topped with Parmesan cheese.
It’s Wednesday and that means you’re almost through the work week. However, you may have a lot to do before Friday.
So, why not made a filling dinner that’s done in less than 30 minutes? For today, we’re sharing the perfect garlic butter recipe.
Toss this simple garlic butter sauce for pasta with any noodle you desire and dinner is done!
Equipment Needed for Recipe:
How to make a garlic butter sauce for pasta?
First, start by cooking the pasta noodles per the box instructions. I would add a pinch or two of salt to the water to flavor the pasta noodles.
Next, when the pasta is done, drain it using a colander. However, be sure to keep half (1/2) a cup of the salted water in a measuring cup.
After that, set the pasta noodles aside and grab a large sauce pan. It’s time to make the sauce.
Then, bring the reserved water to a simmer over medium heat. Toss in the butter and stir the mixture.
Meanwhile, as the butter melts, add the garlic and parsley. Continue stirring to create a creamy sauce. See the photo above.
Last, toss the pasta noodles with the garlic butter sauce and remove the pan from the heat.
That’s it, your quick and easy garlic butter pasta is done! Sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and wish you all the best 🙂
Garlic Butter Pasta Tips:
- To cut down on the amount of dishes you use, simply transfer the cooked noodles to a colander and reuse the pan to make your sauce. It’s kind of like making a one pot spaghetti recipe.
- You can use minced garlic from a jar; however, it will change the taste drastically; giving the dish a briny flavor.
- Leftovers may dry out in your fridge, so it’s recommended to toss them with a little extra melted butter when reheating.
What to add to garlic butter sauce?
- Sun dried Tomatoes
- Sauteed Onions and Peppers
- Roasted Garlic (instead of fresh)
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Grilled Chicken
- Oven Baked Cod or Haddock
- Grilled or Sauteed Asparagus
Looking for more quick dinner ideas?
If you like our garlic butter sauce for pasta recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta
- 1/2 Lb. Dry Pasta (spaghetti or other noodle)
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (cut into chunks or pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Water (reserved from pasta or leftover from pasta)
- 5 Large Garlic Cloves (sliced or minced)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated or shredded)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta reserving ½ cup of the pasta water to make the sauce.
- In a large saucepan, bring the ½ cup of pasta water to a simmer over medium heat and slowly stir in the chunks of butter without letting it melt completely and add the garlic and parsley. The mixture will form a creamy sauce.
- Toss the noodles into the butter sauce to coat, then remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and top with Parmesan cheese.