Oven Roasted Broccoli with walnuts is a quick and healthy side dish that everyone will love. It’s crunchy, nutty and takes less than 20 minutes to make!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone ask, can you oven roast broccoli? The short answer is yes, but there are a few things to keep in mind when making our side dish.
Oven temperature, cooking time, and choosing the right oil are the key factors to a great oven roasted broccoli recipe.
There are so many vegetables that taste great after they’ve been roasted. We keep fresh veggies on rotation, and prepare roasted vegetables several times a week.
A subscription box from Farmbox Direct is a great way to have fresh produce delivered directly to your home each month. Use the Farmbox Direct promo code BERLYS10 at checkout to receive 10% your first order!
As you will see in the photos, we chose a high-quality olive oil for our roasted broccoli. Additionally, Kim cooked them at 425 degrees F., the perfect roasting temp.
She only let them cook for 8 to 10 minutes, any longer and the walnuts would burn.
How to Make Oven Roasted Broccoli:
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F. Next, wash, dry, and cut your broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
Then, in a mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, oil, and walnuts. Toss everything together.
Now, spread the mixture evenly on a sheet pan.
Last, put the pan in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the florets begin to brown. Don’t overcook the dish!
Serve while hot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Be sure to dry the broccoli completely or it will steam, not roast.
- If the dish cooks too long, the walnuts will burn.
- Consider adding red pepper flakes for a little kick of spice.
- Grated parmesan as a topping adds another layer of flavor to our oven roasted broccoli.
Side dish recipes like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and salads are great options to have on-hand. Kim and I invite you to try our oven roasted broccoli and see for yourself that healthy can be delicious!
- 4 cups Broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt, (to taste)
- First, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Next, wash and dry broccoli florets.
- Then, place broccoli, walnuts, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl and toss the ingredients together.
- Afterward, pour the broccoli mixture on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven.
- Last, bake for 8-10 minutes or until broccoli tops begin to brown. Remove the roasted broccoli from the oven and serve while hot.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one cup. Actual calories will vary if substitutions are made.
Roasted broccoli can be stored in your fridge in a sealed container for up to two days.
Want to try Farmbox Direct? Get 10% off your first order by using our code, BERLYS10, at checkout!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 8 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g