*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A quick, delicious flat iron steak recipe made with a custom blend of seasonings, seared to perfection in a flat iron skillet. It makes for an excellent weeknight dinner option.
Kim and I live in a community that doesn’t allow grills. At first, this was kind of frustrating because I love to grill outdoors.
However, the living situation did teach me how to create delicious burgers and steaks using my regular cook-top.
This flat iron steak recipe is one of those examples that prove you don’t have to use an outdoor grill to make a perfectly seared steak.
How to Make a Flat Iron Steak:
- First, in a small bowl combine the seasoned salt, Italian seasonings, black pepper, garlic powder, and the onion powder. Give them a quick mix with a fork to blend the seasonings.
- Next, liberally season both sides of each steak, making sure to use ALL the spice mix.
- Now, preheat a flat iron skillet or griddle over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Then, once the butter is melted, add the steaks to pan. Cook them for 5-6 minutes on each side or to your desired doneness.
- Last, when the steaks are done, let them rest for 10-minutes then serve them with a side of your choice.
Flat Iron Steak Recipe Tips:
- For an extra flavorful steak, apply the seasoning mix then place the steaks in your fridge for 30-minutes to rest before cooking.
- You’ll know the skillet is hot enough when the butter begins to clarify (separate) in the pan.
- Create a marinade by simply adding 1/2-cup of olive oil and 1/4-cup of red wine vinegar to the seasoning mix. Submerge the steaks in the marinade in your fridge for 30-minutes before cooking.
- Believe it or not, beef pairs well with cabbage. So, if you’re looking for a side dish to compliment this steak, then consider our fried cabbage.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen and our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes!
Flat Iron Steak Recipe
- 1.5 Lbs. Strip Steak (cut of your choice)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- First, combine the salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl and mix them together.
- Next, season the steaks with the seasoning mix, be sure to use all of the spices.
- Now, preheat an iron skillet over medium heat and melt the butter in the pan.
- Then, add the steaks to the hot pan and let them cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or to your desired doneness.
- Last, let the flat iron steaks rest for 10-minutes then serve with sides.