Baked Sweet Potato Fries make a quick side dish or snack. Whether you like them salty, sweet, or spicy, sweet potato fries couldn’t be easier.
It’s no secret that we love potatoes. Have you seen all the potato recipes that we’ve shared over the years?!
We couldn’t leave sweet potatoes out of the mix, so over the last few months we started to add some sweet potato recipes.
Both are really popular around Thanksgiving.
It made sense to add a recipe for baked sweet potato fries. They’re so easy to make and there’s so many different ways to season them.
John likes his fries savory, so for this recipe we took a simple approach.
Baked sweet potatoes fries are crazy easy to make. After the potatoes are washed and dried, cut them lengthwise into 1/4 – inch wide pieces.
That’s important to ensure the fries cook evenly. Place them in a plastic zip bag.
Add the oil, seasoned salt, and pepper, and give the bag a good shake. Make sure all the fries are evenly coated.
Pour the fries onto a large baking sheet, and bake in a preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Adjust the time as needed to achieve the desired texture.
After the fries finish baking, use a spatula to carefully loosen the fries from the pan and serve hot.
Tips for Baking Great Sweet Potato Fries
How to Make Fries Crispy:
I wanted this recipe to be super simple. However, I’ve read that using cornstarch on sweet potato fries makes them crispy.
Toss the fries in cornstarch before adding the oil and bake. That gives the exterior a nice, crispy crunch while leaving the inside soft.
What Seasonings are Best for Sweet Potato Fries?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to flavoring sweet potato fries. Here are some options from salty to sweet and everything in between.
- Sea Salt
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cajun Seasoning
- Creole Seasoning
- Seasoned Salt
- Chili Powder
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into long strips about ¼ inch wide. Make sure they are all relatively similar in width and thickness so they cook in the same amount of time.1 pound sweet potatoes
- Place the potatoes into a plastic zip bag, then add the oil, seasoned salt, and pepper. Close the bag, and give it a gentle shake until all the potatoes are evenly coated with the oil, salt, and pepper.1 tablespoon cooking oil1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the potatoes out onto a large baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.