*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Home Fries Recipe – A good oven-baked home fries recipe starts with olive oil, is perfectly seasoned, and has a crispy crust. These potatoes are small enough to add to your favorite burrito, wrap, or slather with cheese sauce. They are even great all by themselves, and make an excellent addition to any table.
Everybody loves a great home fries recipe; however, few people know how to make home fries in the oven.
Well, with this recipe, now you can make this classic breakfast side dish anytime you want. With only four ingredients, this is one our easiest offerings to prepare.
I invite you to try this home fries recipe for you and your family the next time you’re craving a crispy, savory side. Or, this St. Patty’s Day, consider combining this with our fried cabbage.
How to Make our Oven-Baked Home Fries Recipe:
Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is preheating, wash the potatoes and prep them for dicing.
Next, on a clean cutting board, dice your potatoes into a ¾ inch to 1-inch cubes.
After the potatoes are diced, place them in a mixing bowl and add the olive oil, seasoned salt, and dried rosemary.
Then, using your hands or two mixing spoons, toss the potatoes with the oil and seasonings.
Afterward, place the oiled potatoes on a cookie sheet or 9 x 13-inch sheet pan.
Last, bake the home fires in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Every 15 minutes, remove the home fries and flip them with a spatula. This ensures that the sides get crispy!
Tips for Successful Home Fries:
- Spread out the diced potatoes on the sheet pan, if they’re too close together, they won’t crisp properly.
- Flip the potatoes every 15 minutes so all the sides are extra crispy.
- Don’t set the temperature higher than 425 degrees F. since we’re working with olive oil.
- When cutting the potatoes, make sure they are similar in size so they cook evenly.
- Slice your potatoes into shoestrings or wedges to make homemade fries.
- Drizzle the home fries with our cheese sauce and wrap everything in a tortilla for an awesome meatless burrito.
Don’t forget to check out our Oven Baked Home Fries web story!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 3 Medium Idaho potatoes, (or 2 large potatoes)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ¼ Teaspoon Seasoned salt
- ¾ Teaspoon Dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dice potatoes into ¾ to 1-inch cubes
- In mixing bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, seasoned salt, and dried rosemary
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 45 minutes, flipping potatoes occasionally
- Serve hot or refrigerate in sealed container for up to 2 days
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a 1/2 cup serving size. Actual home fries calories may vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 0.5 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gProtein: 3g