Air Fryer Home Fries are perfectly seasoned, crispy on the outside, and soft in the center. The best part? These home fries cook in about 20 minutes making busy breakfast mornings a cinch!
Breakfast can be hectic at times. There are some mornings when all you have time for is a bowl of cold cereal. It’s no secret that we are huge fans of a good home fries recipe.
That’s why we keep a bag of russet potatoes in stock and cook up a batch of air fryer home fries 5-6 days a week. Serve them up with Eggs in a Basket, Cheesy Breakfast Enchiladas, Fluffy Scrambled Eggs, or even a Flat Iron Steak and you’ve got a full meal in no time.
How to Home Fries in the Air Fryer:
- Start by placing the cubed potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add your olive oil, seasoned salt, garlic herb seasonings, and toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Next, lightly spray the basket of your air fryer and preheat the airfryer to 400°F.
- Once the air fryer preheats, pour the potatoes into the air fryer basket in an even layer. It may require multiple batches is your fryer is small.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to turn the potatoes.
- Serve these air fryer home fries warm with a side of ketchup, ranch dressing, or spicy ranch dressing.
Air Fryer Home Fries Tips and Variations:
- Russets are a great option for air fryer home fries. They’re starchy, sturdy and hold up well to the quick cooking air fryer.
- We love garlic herb seasoning for these breakfast potatoes. Change up the flavor by making them Italian-style with a basil, thyme, rosemary blend. Or, if Tex-Mex is more to your tastes, try chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Otherwise, it will take longer to cook the potatoes.
- We prefer avocado, vegetable, or canola oil for tossing the potatoes. The higher smoke point makes it less likely that the air fryer will smoke and stink up the kitchen. Olive oil tastes great but has a lower smoke, so we tend to shy away from it for this home fry recipe.
- The times and temperatures may vary depending on the brand of air fryer used. Adjust accordingly.
Storage and Reheating
Refrigerator: Store leftover air fryer home fries in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing.
Reheating: Place the home fries back into the air fryer or into the toaster oven for a few minutes until warmed through.
- 4 cups russet potatoes cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic herb seasoning or to taste
- Place the potatoes, oil, seasoned salt, and garlic herb seasoning in a large bowl, and toss to combine.4 cups russet potatoes2 teaspoons avocado oil1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt1 teaspoon garlic herb seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F, and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Once the air fryer preheats, pour the potatoes into the basket in an even layer.
- Cook the potatoes for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to turn the potatoes.
- Remove the potatoes from the basket and immediately with ketchup or ranch dressing.
- See post for storage options.