*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Spicy Ranch Dressing has hints of cayenne, dill, chipotle, and garlic coupled with the creaminess of buttermilk. It’s simple to make and perfect with anything.
Ranch dressing is one of those products that pretty much sells itself. However, we think it can still be improved upon.
How, you ask? Simple, transform it into a spicy ranch!
All it takes is the right combination of spices to take this classic recipe to the next level. I started by adding savory seasonings like dill, garlic and onion powders, then tossed in some cayenne powder for that extra kick.
This dressing is perfect as a dipping sauce or on your favorite salad!
In less than time than it takes to boil water, you can prepare this delicious spicy ranch for yourself.
I invite you to give this offering a try on your next salad. If you’re hesitant about the heat, then simply remove the cayenne and chipotle powders.
As you can see from the photo above, it doesn’t take any special equipment to whip up this dressing.
In fact, if you don’t have a whisk, you could even use a fork to mix everything.
If you like spicy sides then check out our Spicy Coleslaw, it’s loaded with flavor!
Also, don’t forget about our Parmesan Caesar Dressing for an awesome Caesar salad.
Spicy Ranch Instructions:
Place the buttermilk, whole milk, and all the spices in a large bowl.
Whisk the ingredients together until they are well blended.
Store the finished spicy ranch in a sealed container in your fridge.
Tips for the best spicy ranch dressing:
- If the dressing is too thick, add more whole milk a Tblsp. at a time until you reach the desired thickness.
- Store the ranch in the fridge for at least an hour before serving for maximum flavor.
- You can substitute almond milk for whole milk and low-fat mayo instead of full-fat mayo.
Don’t forget to check out our Spicy Ranch web story!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise (We used Duke's mayonnaise.)
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk (Almond milk will work, too.)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dill
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne
- Place all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour contents into an airtight container or mason jar. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow dressing to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
*Spicy Ranch Dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days in an airtight container.
*If the dressing is too thick, add additional milk one tablespoon at a time until desired thickness is reached.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 ounce of dressing. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.