Spicy Ranch Dressing has hints of cayenne, dill, chipotle, and garlic coupled with the creaminess of buttermilk. It’s simple to make and perfect with anything.
Ranch dressing is one of those products that pretty much sells itself. However, we think it can still be improved upon.
How, you ask? Simple, transform it into a spicy ranch!
All it takes is the right combination of spices to take this classic recipe to the next level. I started by adding savory seasonings like dill, garlic and onion powders, then tossed in some cayenne powder for that extra kick.
This dressing is perfect as a dipping sauce or on your favorite salad!
In less than time than it takes to boil water, you can prepare this delicious spicy ranch for yourself.
I invite you to give this offering a try on your next salad. If you’re hesitant about the heat, then simply remove the cayenne and chipotle powders.
As you can see from the photo above, it doesn’t take any special equipment to whip up this dressing.
In fact, if you don’t have a whisk, you could even use a fork to mix everything.
If you like spicy sides then check out our Spicy Coleslaw, it’s loaded with flavor!
Also, don’t forget about our Parmesan Caesar Dressing for an awesome Caesar salad.
Spicy Ranch Instructions:
Place the buttermilk, whole milk, and all the spices in a large bowl.
Whisk the ingredients together until they are well blended.
Store the finished spicy ranch in a sealed container in your fridge.
Tips for the best spicy ranch dressing:
- If the dressing is too thick, add more whole milk a Tblsp. at a time until you reach the desired thickness.
- Store the ranch in the fridge for at least an hour before serving for maximum flavor.
- You can substitute almond milk for whole milk and low-fat mayo instead of full-fat mayo.
Don’t forget to check out our Spicy Ranch web story!
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise We used Duke’s mayonnaise.
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk Almond milk will work, too.
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dill
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne
- Place all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour contents into an airtight container or mason jar. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow dressing to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.