A simple 5-ingredient seasoned air fryer asparagus recipe that creates tender asparagus every time. With only 3-steps, it’s done in less than 15-minutes.
Eating healthier foods isn’t always easy. You come home from work or school and you’re totally exhausted.
The very idea of cooking a balanced dinner just makes you feel even more tired. Well, Kim and I understand because we’ve been there too.
That’s way we create simple recipes like this one. In fact, we have quite a few, “healthier options,” on this blog. Like our air fryer cauliflower florets.
In the meantime, let’s focus on these seasoned air fryer asparagus spears. Tasty and fast is how I would describe them.
All you need is an air fryer, some oil, and a few spices of your choosing. For our recipe, we used garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
But, there are a lot other oils and spices that pair well with asparagus.
Sesame oil and onion powder can drastically change the flavor of the dish. So, have fun and experiment!
How to make air fryer asparagus?
First, start by trimming, washing and drying the vegetable. After that, place the vegetable into a medium mixing bowl.
Next, drizzle the asparagus spears with avocado or olive oil and sprinkle them with the black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
Afterward, toss everything together. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. on the bake or roast setting.
Then, once the air fryer is hot, place the spears into the basket and close it.
Allow them to cook for 3-7 minutes depending on the vegetable’s thickness and your preferred doneness.
In other words, you’ll need to adjust the cook time based on the thickness of the asparagus spears and how tender you like your vegetables.
Last, once the everything is done, use tongs to remove them from the appliance and serve.
That’s it, the air fryer asparagus recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the side dish and wish you all the best 🙂
- Be sure to properly dry the asparagus before drizzling it with olive oil. Extra moisture can lead to extra soggy vegetables.
- Adjust the time as noted above according to how well done you like the asparagus. The time also needs to be adjusted based on the thickness of the asparagus.
- Thin asparagus that’s retains a firm doneness should be finished cooking in 2-minutes. However, thick asparagus with a soft doneness will need to cook for 7-minutes. So, keep that mind as you prepare your air fried asparagus.
What part of the asparagus do you cut off?
How much do you cut off asparagus?
- 1 pound asparagus fresh, trimmed, washed, and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the washed and trimmed asparagus into a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to combine.1 pound asparagus1 tablespoon olive oil1/4 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon garlic powder1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer by setting it to roast or bake at 400°. After the air fryer preheats, place the asparagus in an even layer into the basket. Close the basket and cook for 2-3 minutes for slightly cooked, firm asparagus, 4-5 minutes for softer asparagus, or 6-7 minutes for soft asparagus with very little or no firmness.
- After the time is up, remove the asparagus with tongs and enjoy immediately.