Air Fryer Cabbage - A quick and easy seasoned air fryer cabbage recipe featuring cabbage steaks flavored with a simple blend of spices and prepared in your air fryer.
Lately, Kim and I have been working on recipes for our air fryer. While it's not the most used appliance in our kitchen, we still love working with the machine.
For today's recipe, we're sharing this air fryer cabbage recipe. As the name implies, it's a simple, tasty cabbage recipe prepared in your fryer.
How to make Air Fryer Cabbage:
First, wash the cabbage and dry it off. After that, slice the vegetable into 1-inch thick steaks.
Now, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper in small bowl. Mix them together.
Next, drizzle each steak with an oil of your choice. Just be sure to choose an oil that can handle high heat cooking.
Then, sprinkle the vegetable with the spice blend you created during step one. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
Once the air fryer is preheated, place a cabbage steak into the basket and let it cook for 8-minutes for tender cabbage.
When one cabbage steak is done, remove it from the basket. Repeat the cooking steps until all 6 cabbage steaks have been cooked.
Last, serve the air fryer cabbage with any main course you love or top it with blue cheese and devour. That's it, the recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the veggie and we wish you all the best 🙂
Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks Tips:
- If the cabbage “steaks” are thicker than 1-inch, the time may need to be increased to ensure the cabbage cooks in the center.
- The cook time may need to be adjusted for more or less time depending on how well you like the cabbage cooked.
- Typically, you will only be able to fit one steak into the air fryer basket at a time. Work in multiple batches until all the cabbage steaks have been cooked.
How long do you air fry cabbage?
How do you roast cabbage in an air fryer?
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head of cabbage, cut into 1-inch steaks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or other neutral tasting oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and pepper.1 teaspoon garlic powder½ teaspoon onion powder¼ teaspoon seasoned salt¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Drizzle a little oil over each cabbage steak and spread it evenly over the surface of the cabbage. Sprinkle the cabbage steaks with seasoning mixture.1 head of cabbage2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F. by turning it on either roast or bake. After the air fryer preheats, work in batches and place the cabbage steaks into the basket of the air fryer, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the steaks from the air fryer, and enjoy immediately.