A quick and easy seasoned air fryer cabbage recipe featuring cabbage steaks flavored with a simple blend of spices and prepared in your air fryer.
Lately, Kim and I have been working on recipes for our air fryer. While it’s not the most used appliance in our kitchen, we still love working with the machine.
For today’s recipe, we’re sharing this seasoned air fryer cabbage recipe. As the name implies, it’s a simple, tasty cabbage recipe prepared in your fryer.
How to make cabbage steaks in an air fryer:
First, wash the cabbage and dry it off. After that, slice the vegetable into 1-inch thick steaks.
Now, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper in small bowl. Mix them together.
Next, drizzle each steak with an oil of your choice. Just be sure to choose an oil that can handle high heat cooking.
Then, sprinkle the vegetable with the spice blend you created during step one. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
Once the machine is preheated, place a cabbage steak into the basket and let it cook for 8-minutes for tender cabbage.
When one steak is done, remove it from the basket. Repeat the cooking steps until all 6 steaks have been cooked.
Last, serve the air fryer cabbage with any main course you love or top it with blue cheese and devour.
That’s it, the recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the veggie and we wish you all the best 🙂
Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks Tips:
- If the cabbage “steaks” are thicker than 1-inch, the time may need to be increased to ensure the cabbage cooks in the center.
- The cook time may need to be adjusted for more or less time depending on how well you like the cabbage cooked.
- Typically, you will only be able to fit one steak into your machine at a time. Work in multiple batches until all the steaks have been cooked.
How long do you air fry cabbage?
For tender cabbage steaks (1-inch thick), we recommend you air fry the vegetable for 8 minutes per steak (when the machine is preheated to 350 degrees F.).
How do you roast cabbage in an air fryer?
To roast cabbage steaks in an air fryer, preheat the machine to 425 degrees F. Cut the cabbage into 1-inch steaks and brush them with oil (canola, olive, etc.). Sprinkle each steak with desired seasonings and roast for 4-6 minutes each steak.
Other side dish recipes you may love:
- Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Smashed Potatoes
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Easy Fish Taco Slaw
Don’t forget to check out our Air Fryer Cabbage web story!
- 1 Head Cabbage, (cut into 1-inch steaks)
- 2 Tablespoons Oil, (avocado, canola, olive, etc.)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle a little oil over each cabbage steak and spread it evenly over the surface of the cabbage. Sprinkle the cabbage steaks with seasoning mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F. by turning it on either roast or bake. After the air fryer preheats, work in batches and place the cabbage steaks into the basket of the air fryer, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the steaks from the air fryer, and enjoy immediately.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 cabbage steak (1-inch in thickness). Actual calories will vary. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to 3-days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Steak
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g