*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Who says you can’t make sweet potatoes in a pressure cooker? Try our Instant Pot sweet potatoes recipe to have perfectly cooked taters in less than an hour!
With the holidays settling in your kitchen is going to be a busy place for the next couple of weeks.
Chances are your oven is going to be full of tasty treats. So, why not use your pressure cooker to simplify things?
For today’s post, we’re going to share our simple Instant Pot sweet potatoes recipe.
It should make things a little easier by freeing up some space in your oven and cutting the cut the cook time in half for whole potatoes. Let’s get started!
What do I need to cook sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot?
How to make Instant Pot sweet potatoes?
First, start by washing and drying the sweet potatoes. You want to make sure to remove any dirt or debris before the cooking process.
Next, put the liner into the cooker and place the trivet into the liner. After that, add one (1) cup of water.
Now, add the potatoes by placing them on the trivet. Do not put them into the liner without the trivet or they will stick and burn.
Then, close the lid and set the valve to, “sealed.” Press the manual/high pressure button and set the timer to cook for fifteen (15) minutes.
When the timer goes off, allow for a ten (10) minute natural release. Afterward, carefully unseal the valve to release any leftover pressure.
Last, open the Instant Pot and use tongs to remove the sweet potatoes. That’s it, your Instant Pot sweet potatoes recipe is done!
Kim and I hope you enjoy the side and wish you all the best 🙂
Sweet Potato Toppings:
What goes with sweet potatoes, you ask? Well, the list below contains a few of our favorite tuber toppings!
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- We used sweet potatoes that weighed between six (6) and nine (9) ounces. At their widest point, they were between two (2) and three (3) inches wide.
- If the potatoes are larger, the time needs to be increased. For example, extra large potatoes may need to cook for as much as forty-five (45) minutes or longer.
Looking for more pressure cooker side dishes?
If you like our pressure cooker sweet potatoes recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes (6-9 ounces each and 2-3 inches wide)
- 1 Cup Water
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Add the trivet to the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot.
- Pour in 1 cup of water. Place the 4 potatoes onto the trivet.
- Close the lid, ensure the valve is set to sealing. Press the manual (pressure cook) button, and adjust the time to 15 minutes. After the time is up, allow a 10 minute natural release before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the sweet potatoes, and serve with your favorite toppings.