A flavorful beer marinade using a pale ale and a mixture of savory and sweet ingredients to create a delicious beef marinade that's perfect for grilling!
Summer grilling is in full swing, so it's time to break out your favorite marinades. From beef to veggies, we all have have one that we love.
For today, Kim and I are sharing our favorite beer marinade for beef. Notice, I said beef. I wouldn't use it for chicken, fish, or vegetables.
How to make a beer marinade:
First, grab a medium mixing bowl or large measuring cup.
After that, add in the beer, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
Then, use a whisk to mix all the ingredients. Now, pour the beer marinade over your choice of beef.
Place the meat into the fridge and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes. However, I wouldn't let anything marinate for more than 2-hours.
Last, remove the roast or steak from the fridge and grill it to your desired doneness.
That's it, your beef beer marinade is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this condiment and wish you all the best 🙂
Should you marinade steak?
How do you marinate meat quickly?
Other homemade sauces and marinades you may enjoy:
Don't forget to check out our Beer Marinade web story!
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 12 ounces beer, (We used a pale ale.)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, or spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl or large measuring cup, and whisk to combine. Pour over the steak, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.12 ounces beer¼ cup soy sauce¼ cup apple cider vinegar¼ cup light brown sugar2 tablespoons Dijon mustard2 tablespoons ketchup1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- When you’re ready to cook the steak, heat a pan, grill, or griddle, and place the steak on the hot surface. Discard the remaining marinade. Cook the steak and enjoy!