A flavorful beer marinade using a pale ale and a mixture of savory and sweet ingredients to create a delicious beef marinade that’s perfect for grilling!
Summer grilling is in full swing, so it’s time to break out your favorite marinades. From beef to veggies, we all have have one that we love.
For today, Kim and I are sharing our favorite beer marinade for beef. Notice, I said beef. I wouldn’t use it for chicken, fish, or vegetables.
How to make a beer marinade:
First, grab a medium mixing bowl or large measuring cup.
After that, add in the beer, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
Then, use a whisk to mix all the ingredients. Now, pour the beer marinade over your choice of beef.
Place the meat into the fridge and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes. However, I wouldn’t let anything marinate for more than 2-hours.
Last, remove the roast or steak from the fridge and grill it to your desired doneness.
That’s it, your beef beer marinade is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this condiment and wish you all the best 🙂
Should you marinade steak?
How do you marinate meat quickly?
Other homemade sauces and marinades you may enjoy:
Don’t forget to check out our Beer Marinade web story!
- 12 Ounces Beer, (we used pale ale)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard, (or spicy brown mustard)
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl or large measuring cup, and whisk to combine. Pour over the steak, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook the steak, heat a pan, grill, or griddle, and place the steak on the hot surface. Discard the remaining marinade. Cook the steak and enjoy!
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card. Actual calories will vary. You can make the marinade up to 3-days in advance. Store it in a sealed container, in your fridge, until ready for use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:0.5 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 1013mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g