*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Fish Taco Sauce Recipe is quick, easy, and the perfect way to add a little, creamy, tangy kick to fish tacos or sandwiches. It makes a wonderful fry sauce as well.
Have you ever had Mahi Mahi or baja fish tacos? They are one of my favorite seafood dishes. Quick, simple and fresh.
I love the meatiness of the fish, the soft tortillas, the crisp coleslaw, and best of all this spicy fish taco sauce.
It can be difficult to find the right fish taco sauce. However, this taco sauce recipe with mayo adds a tangy kick of lemon to cut through any meaty white fish.
We made this fish taco sauce without sour cream, but you could easily substitute a little sour cream for some of the mayonnaise if you’d like.
Mix the Ingredients
- First, in a large mixing bowl, add the mayo, lemon juice, and all the spices.
- Next, use a fork or a whisk to whip the ingredients together.
- Last, serve the easy fish taco sauce immediately on your favorite fish tacos, fish sandwich, beer battered fish, crab cakes, crab rolls, or even as a dipping sauce for French fries. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in your fridge.
It only takes about 5-10 minutes to make and you’re done! It will last about 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips For Making Fish Taco Sauce
- As it’s stored in your fridge, the flavors will become more intense.
- Use this sauce on Fiesta Fridays to create delicious Baja tacos.
- This fish taco sauce pairs well with this vinegar lime slaw that we like to use as a topping for baja tacos.
Need a sauce or dressing for a special dish? Give one of these a try!
5 Minute Fish Taco Sauce Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Keep cold in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.