Coleslaw with vinegar dressing is creamy, tangy, and sweet all rolled into one. It’s fresh, crunchy, and simple to make. You can’t go wrong with this side dish.
Hand’s down, this is one of my favorite coleslaw recipes. As I said above, you really can’t go wrong with this coleslaw with vinegar dressing. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and tangy.
Furthermore, the cabbage and veggies are crunchy and contrast well with the creamy mayo and vinegar dressing. Whether we eat it as a side or as a topping for bbq, this is one of our go-to coleslaw recipes. We can’t wait to share it with you!
Prep the Slaw:
- First, wash and cut the cabbage into smaller chunks before placing it in your food processor. Also, make sure you are using the shredding blade for this step.
- Once you shred the cabbage, remove it from the bowl, wash and dry thoroughly.
- Now, wash the other vegetables before shredding and shred the remaining vegetables. Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl and set it aside.
Make the Dressing:
- After that, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix everything until well combined.
- Finally, add the dressing to the large bowl of shredded vegetables. Use salad spoons or tongs to mix and coat vegetables with dressing. Store coleslaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Tips for Your Coleslaw with Vinegar Dressing:
- If you don’t have a food processor, then use a knife and cutting board to julienne and slice your vegetables.
- You can make this dish a few days in advance, however, don’t add dressing to the cabbage until you’re ready to serve.
- You could substitute a natural sweetener in place of the granulated sugar.
Prefer a different kind dish? Try one of these:
Coleslaw with Vinegar Dressing
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1/4 white or Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- First, using the shredding and slicing blade on a food processor, shred the cabbage, carrots, celery, and onion.
- Now, place shredded vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.
- After that, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Then, use a whisk to combine the liquids into a creamy dressing.
- Finally, add the dressing to the slaw, mix, and coat the vegetables well.
- You can store the coleslaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.