Chicken Spaghetti – If you’re in the mood for a cheesy and oh so easy casserole to perk up your weekly routine, Chicken Spaghetti is just the thing! Made with juicy rotisserie chicken, packed with veggies, and of course cheese, this creamy recipe is a fun take on a classic. It’s easily baked to perfection and on the dinner table in no time!
Homemade Chicken Spaghetti is a dish that’s totally customizable based on your spice level preference and it’s so easy and quick to whip up.
Skip the hassle and use a rotisserie chicken to save time. This recipe is filling on it’s own, but would serve well with some delicious garlic knots, air fryer garlic bites or a bruschetta appetizer!
What you need to make chicken spaghetti:
- cooking oil: Vegetable, canola, olive, whatever your preference.
- green bell pepper: Diced.
- white onion: Medium in size and diced.
- processed cheese product: Similar to Velveeta, cut into ½ inch pieces.
- canned peas: Drained and rinsed.
- can cream of chicken soup and can cream of mushroom soup: One of each.
- canned tomatoes and green chiles: Similar to Ro*tel (undrained).
- jar of sliced mushrooms: Drained and rinsed. You can also opt for fresh but we’re saving time on the prep work with these.
- jar of pimentos: For a sweet pepper taste.
- spaghetti: Cooked to package directions. You may also use whatever type of pasta you prefer.
- rotisserie chicken: Shredded.
How To Make Chicken Spaghetti
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Now heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the cooking oil, bell pepper and diced onion. Cook until the vegetables are softened, then remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauteed peppers, onion, cheese, tomatoes and green chiles, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, canned peas, mushrooms, and pimentos.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and shredded rotisserie chicken. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the ingredients are piping hot.
- Serve chicken spaghetti straight from the oven (after it’s cooled for 10 minutes or so), and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- If your mixture is too thick for your liking, before adding in the spaghetti and shredded chicken, you can thin out the mixture with ¼ – ½ cup of chicken or vegetable broth until you get the right consistency.
- This is a packed dish and the ingredients will fill up an entire 9×13-inch baking dish. However, the chicken spaghetti can be divided into 2 smaller baking dishes if needed or placed into a larger dish.
- Add more spice to your dish with pepper jack cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Feel free to use freshly shredded cheese or top the casserole with freshly shredded cheese and parsley.
- Broil for a couple minutes at the end for a nice toasted top layer.
What goes with chicken spaghetti?
Can you make this recipe in the Instant Pot?
Yes! We have a chicken spaghetti recipe for the Instant Pot. It’s not the exact same ingredients, but it’s close. Some of the missing ingredients could be added, but I’d be hesitant to add the cream soups. They can easily burn in a pressure cooker.
What can you use in place of rotisserie chicken?
If you can’t find rotisserie chicken, any type of chicken will work. You’ll need about 1 pound of cooked, boneless, skinless chicken. It should be shredded or chopped and seasoned to add flavor.
How can you make chicken spaghetti more or less spicy?
When made as written, this recipe isn’t spicy at all. If you’d like to add more spice, toss in some diced jalapenos or Serrano peppers. Pickled jalapenos are a great choice, too.
Another option is to choose name brand Ro*tel which has a variety of different heat levels. They range from mild to hot and everything in between.
Storage and Reheating
Refrigerator: Store any leftover Chicken Spaghetti in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days!
Freezer: This recipe is perfect for freezing! Assemble everything as normal but don’t bake it! Wrap in plastic wrap or store in a freezer safe container for up to 2 months. Then when ready to eat, simply remove the plastic wrap from the casserole dish and bake as directed.
Make sure the casserole dish is safe to go from freezer to oven without damage. Otherwise, transfer the frozen casserole to the refrigerator to thaw overnight then bake.
Reheating: When reheating, warm in the oven or microwave until the dish is heated all the way through. It’s best to reheat on half powder to keep the casserole from drying out. If frozen, heat as originally instructed until the casserole is hot and bubbling.
Chicken SpaghettiPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (canola, vegetable, or other neutral tasting oil)
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ medium white onion diced
- 1 pound processed cheese product cut into ½ inch pieces (similar to Velveeta)
- 15 ounces canned peas drained and rinsed
- 10 ½ ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10 ½ ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces canned tomatoes and green chiles similar to Ro*tel
- 4 ½ ounces jarred sliced mushrooms drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces jarred pimentos
- 1 pound spaghetti cooked to package directions
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the cooking oil, bell pepper and onion. Cook until the vegetables are softened, then remove from heat.1 tablespoon cooking oil1 green bell pepper½ medium white onion
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauteed peppers, onions, cheese, peas, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, tomatoes and green chiles, mushrooms and pimentos.1 pound processed cheese product15 ounces canned peas10 ½ ounces cream of chicken soup10 ½ ounces cream of mushroom soup10 ounces canned tomatoes and green chiles4 ½ ounces jarred sliced mushrooms4 ounces jarred pimentos
- Add the cooked spaghetti and shredded chicken. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.1 pound spaghetti1 pound rotisserie chicken
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are hot.
- Serve hot. See post for tips and storage options.
Tuesday 15th of February 2022
Can you triple this dish
Tuesday 15th of February 2022
Yes, but you'll need several pans. It fills up a 9x13-inch dish to the very top as written, so plan on at least 3 pans if you're using 9x13-inches. If you adjust any of the ingredients by adding more of something, you may need more than 3 pans. Have a great afternoon! :)