*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
This Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs recipe is a one pot meal that’s done in less than 20 minutes. It’s a weeknight dinner your whole family will love!
It’s Wednesday and everyone needs a quick dinner after a long day at work. Fortunately, we got you covered.
Kim’s Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs recipe is the perfect, “go-to,” dish for a busy weeknight.
The recipe takes less than twenty (20) minutes from start to finish. Best of all, it’s a one pot meal!
So, shall we get started?
How to make Instant Pot spaghetti with meatballs?
First, insert the liner into your pressure cooker and then grab your pasta noodles.
Break them in half and layer them into the pot. Use the photos below as a reference.
Next, sprinkle all your seasonings into the liner. That’s right, we’re tossing everything into the pressure cooker.
After that, add the broth and water to the noodles. It should flow past the dry noodles and settle on the bottom of the liner.
Then, gently pour the sauce on top of the noodles and lay the cooked meatballs atop the sauce.
Do NOT stir the ingredients. Otherwise, everything will stick to the bottom of the liner and burn!
Now, close the lid and seal the valve. You’ll need to set the timer, on your Instant Pot, to five (5) minutes.
Once the timer goes off, carefully, preform a quick release on the valve. Last, open the lid and stir the spaghetti with meatballs.
That’s it, your Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and wish you all the best 🙂
What should I serve with spaghetti and meatballs?
Typically, you would serve this dish with a Cesar salad or garlic toast. However, feel free to make whatever side dish you desire.
Can you cook raw meatballs in sauce?
Yes, you can cook raw meatballs in pasta sauce. With that being said, it’s a very slow process and if not done correctly, you could make your entire dinner party sick.
If you like our one pot Instant Pot spaghetti with meatballs recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Lb. Spaghetti Noodles, (uncooked)
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasonings
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth, (or beef broth)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 24 Ounces Pasta Sauce, (one ((1)) large jar)
- 16 Ounces Frozen Meatballs, (fully cooked)
- Break the spaghetti noodles into halves or thirds. Then crisscross or fan the noodles throughout the stainless steel liner to prevent them from clumping.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning over the noodles. Pour the chicken broth and water over the noodles, so it reaches the bottom of the stainless steel liner.
- Add the spaghetti sauce over the top of the noodles, but DO NOT STIR. Place the meatballs in an even layer on top of the sauce.
- Close the lid, and ensure that the valve is set to sealing. Press the manual (pressure cook) button, and adjust the time to 5 minutes.
- After the time is up, open the valve for a quick release. Turn off the Instant Pot using the cancel button. The contents will appear soupy, but after the ingredients are stirred the spaghetti will absorb the excess liquid.
- Serve hot, and store any leftover pasta in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of six (6) ounces. Actual calories will vary.
*Water can be used instead of chicken broth and water.
*Instead of measuring the liquid and pouring it in before adding the pasta sauce, use the empty sauce jar to measure the liquid. It’s equivalent to one (1) jar of chicken broth and half a jar of water. Carefully pour the liquid down the inside of the stainless steel liner after adding the sauce.*
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 1076mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 25g