Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and filling! Easy to throw together on a busy weeknight, this dish is ready in under an hour. In fact, it can even be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Simply pop it in the oven and bake when you’re ready to serve! Made with juicy chicken, crumbly bacon, a tangy, ranch flavored base, and pasta, this is one ultra-creamy dish!
Is chicken bacon ranch one of your favorite flavor combos? Switch things up and try our Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, or Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta to get a different variation every night of the week.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Casseroles are perfect for those busy weeknights or last minute events where you need to feed a crowd. This Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole meets both of those requirements.
Made with ingredients you probably have on hand, this is a great option when you need a meal that’s both filling and flavorful. Use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken to save time, fry up some bacon, and toss together with a cream cheese base, pasta, and cheese.
The packet of ranch seasoning provides an easy flavor mixture that’s oh so delicious! Easily double the recipe to feed a large crowd or prepare it in advance and freeze for future use.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the chicken, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a large pot of water and boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, chopped bacon (except for 1-2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top), and half of the cheese into the cream cheese mixture. Then gently stir in the pasta as well. Mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining bacon and cheese on top.
- Bake the casserole for 15-20 minutes. Serve with freshly chopped green onions for a garnish if desired and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- If you want to add some green to this casserole, try adding in some chopped broccoli florets, diced green bell pepper, or spinach.
- A great way to save time is to use rotisserie chicken or leftover crock pot shredded chicken.
- You can swap the cream cheese mixture for a jar of alfredo sauce in a pinch. It will alter the flavor depending on the sauce but still provides a creamy base.
- You can use any kind of pasta you have on hand (although we don’t recommend longer noodles like spaghetti, fettucini, or linguini). Spirals, bow ties, cavatappi, can all work if you don’t have small shells.
- Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese are great in this recipe as well!
Storage and Reheating
Storage: Leftovers of this casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days.
Freezing: You can freeze this recipe prior to baking it. Assemble as directed above and store in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
Reheating: If frozen it’s best to thaw before baking to ensure the casserole cooks evenly and to bake as directed. If heating leftovers, you can warm a serving up in the microwave or oven until it is heated through.
Chicken Bacon Ranch CasserolePrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces small pasta shells
- 8 ounces block-style cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounce packet ranch seasoning mix
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped and divided
- 8 ounces Colby jack cheese shredded off the block and divided
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and lightly grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the chicken, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.1 tablespoon cooking oil1 ½ pounds chicken breasts½ teaspoon paprika½ teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon pepper
- In the meantime, boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.8 ounces small pasta shells
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and ranch seasoning.8 ounces block-style cream cheese8 ounces sour cream1 ounce packet ranch seasoning mix
- Stir in the cooked chicken, chopped bacon (except for 1-2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top) and half of the cheese. Then, gently stir in the pasta.6 slices cooked bacon8 ounces Colby jack cheese
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and spread it into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining bacon and cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with freshly chopped green onions for garnish if desired.
- See post for storage options.