This is one seriously crave-worthy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza that’s sure to be a big hit no matter where it’s served! It’s loaded with savory chicken, smoky bacon, and creamy ranch dressing. Add in your own spices to kick it up a notch and this specialty pizza will turn you off of delivery for good!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
When it comes to pizza, it’s the toppings that really make it special. Sure, cheese pizza is great, but life is way more fun when you dress up your pizza! Opting to make your own homemade pizza also lets you get creative.
For this pizza, you can add in green or red bell peppers for a classic garden taste. Drizzle sriracha over the top to kick up the spice! Mix up the types of cheeses or bacon. There’s so many mouth watering variations you can try! This chicken bacon ranch combination is my personal favorite. It’s sure to take your pizza night to the next level!
- Pizza Crust: You can use homemade or store bought.
- Ranch Dressing: I always recommend making homemade dressing like ranch dressing or spicy ranch dressing. But, if you must use a jarred dressing, use your favorite brand.
- Mozzarella Cheese: A classic staple for any pizza. Stretchy, chewy, and melty goodness!
- Monterey Jack Cheese: This brings a mild flavor that doesn’t overwhelm the dish.
- Pre-Cooked Chicken Breast: A shredded rotisserie chicken is a great time saving option!
- Bacon: You’ll want this cooked and crumbled. Applewood smoked bacon lends a beautiful flavor to the mix.
- Purple Onions: I love the color and potent flavor purple onions bring to this pizza.
- Italian Seasonings: The great part about making your own pizza is that you can change the seasoning to your preference. Italian seasoning is my favorite blend but feel free to mix it up!
- Green Onions: The flavor of the green onions cut through the richness of the cheese and ranch dressing for a winning combination.
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- First up, preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan or pizza stone.
- Add an even layer of ranch dressing, stopping about an inch from the edge of the crust.
- Sprinkle half the monterey jack cheese and half the mozzarella cheese over the ranch dressing. Layer on the chicken, bacon, and purple onions over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the Italian seasonings over top.
- Bake your pizza creation for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, top with chopped green onions.
- Slice and serve while it’s still hot!
Tips For The Perfect Homemade Pizza
- Crust: If using a homemade crust as opposed to store bought, it’s best to prebake the crust for about 10 minutes before adding on your toppings. This will ensure the crust cooks all the way through without burning the pizza. Make any shape crust you’d like. We’ve made both rectangle and circle. We’ve even used premade, store bought crusts, and those work well, too.
- Parchment Paper: Depending on the type of crust, you may want to place a piece of parchment paper under the pizza or spray the pan lightly with cooking spray so it doesn’t stick.
- Chicken: While my go-to is shredded chicken breast or shredded rotisserie chicken, any shredded chicken will work. Just know, you may need to adjust the amount of the chicken based on the size of the pizza you’re making.
Room Temperature: This pizza should not be stored at room temperature.
Refrigerator: Store any leftover Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating I recommend placing the slice(s) on a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper and warming in the oven for a few minutes to keep that crust crispy.
Freezer: In order to freeze the pizza, the dough should be pre-baked or placed on a hard surface like a baking sheet with parchment paper. Double wrap the the pizza with plastic wrap, then add a layer of aluminum foil. The pizza will stay good in the freezer for about 2 months. Add a few minutes to the bake time if baking directly out of the freezer.
- 1 pizza crust, store bought or homemade (12-inch crust)
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded off the block and divided
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded off the block and divided
- ½ pound cooked chicken, shredded (rotisserie chicken is a great option!)
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled (about 3 to 4 pieces)
- ¼ cup purple onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan or pizza stone (see notes if using a homemade crust), and add the Ranch dressing in an even layer stopping about 1-inch from the edge of the crust.1 pizza crust⅓ cup ranch dressing
- Sprinkle 2 ounces of mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese over the Ranch dressing. Layer the chicken over the cheese followed by the bacon and purple onions. Add the remaining 2 ounces of mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese and Italian seasonings.½ pound cooked chicken¼ cup purple onion½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly (add additional time if the crust isn’t done). Remove the pizza from the oven, and top with green onions. Slice and serve hot.¼ cup green onions
- See post for storage recommendations.