A cheesy pepperoni pizza dip with sour cream featuring spicy pepperonis, three kinds of cheese, pizza sauce, and Italian spices!
If you follow us, then it should come as no surprise that Kim and I love dips like taco dip with meat and Italian sausage dip! We even enjoy dessert ones like our simple s’mores dip and Caramel Apple Dip.
For today, we’re sharing a savory appetizer dip; our hot and cheesy pizza dip. As the name implies, it’s a pepperoni pizza in dip form.
It’s cheesy, salty, and loaded with pizza flavor. Kim even mixed Italian spices into the cream cheese!
One of the things I love most, is that you can use the base to make any kind of pizza dip you want.
Prefer supreme, then add sausage, peppers, onion, and your favorite toppings to the pizza dip. So, shall we get cooking?
How to make hot pizza dip?
Similar to our baked jalapeno popper dip, you’ll be baking this one too. Go ahead and preheat your oven to 350°F.
Also, be sure to soften the cream cheese before getting started. Check out the tips section for shortcuts and prep ideas.
Next, grab a large mixing bowl and combine the cream cheese, sour cream, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and half the mozzarella cheese.
Afterward, once the mixture is combined, use a rubber spatula to transfer it to a 9-inch pie pan. Spread the mixture out evenly.
Now, pour the pizza sauce over the dip. Again, use your spatula to spread out the sauce.
Then, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese over the top of the sauce and place the pepperonis.
Afterward, place the pan into the oven to bake for about 25-minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Last, remove the pepperoni dip from the oven and serve it with chips, toasted bread, or any type of dipper you enjoy.
That’s it, your cheesy pizza dip is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
- Be sure to remove the cream cheese from your fridge at least an hour before getting started. Otherwise, the ingredients won’t mix well. Alternately, you can soften the cream cheese in your microwave using the low setting and 30-second intervals.
- Like I said earlier in the post, you can use any kind of pizza toppings you love. Experiment with different sauces and toppings to create your own personal dip.
- For a lower fat/calorie/sodium version of this recipe, check the product labels and buy low-fat cheeses and low sodium meats.
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese softended
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded (8 ounces)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded (2 ounces)
- 1 ounce pepperoni
- baguette slices, pita chips, or tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Spread the mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie dish.1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese⅓ cup sour cream½ teaspoon oregano¼ teaspoon basil¼ teaspoon garlic powder2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Top the cream cheese mixture with the pizza sauce. Use a spatula to spread the sauce evenly over the cream cheese.1 cup pizza sauce
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce and top with pepperoni.½ cup parmesan cheese1 ounce pepperoni
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve with baguette slices, chips, pretzels, or chips.