*This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission from the sale if you purchase from the affiliate link.
Our baked jalapeno popper dip uses cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and spicy jalapeno peppers to create a warm and cheesy dip perfect for sharing!
Jalapeno poppers have been a mainstay in our household for years. Kim and I love them. They’re cheesy, spicy and oh, so delicious.
For today’s recipe, we decided to change one of our old dips into a jalapeno popper dip. It may sound strange, but believe it or not, it works.
Best of all, it’s super simple to make and comes together in about thirty (30) minutes. So, shall we get started cooking?
How to make jalapeno popper dip:
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. and spray an eight by eight (8×8) inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, grab a large glass mixing bowl and toss in the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients.
After that, add the shredded cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos. Blend everything together. For this step, we usually just stir the ingredients with a spoon or rubber spatula.
Then, transfer the mixture to your prepared baking dish. Grab another small mixing bowl and combine the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle the topping over the jalapeno popper dip and place it in the oven to bake for about twenty (20) minutes.
Last, once the topping is golden brown, remove the popper dip from the oven and serve it hot.
That’s it, your jalapeno popper dip recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the dip and wish you all the best 🙂
Can I use pickled jalapenos?
Absolutely, you don’t have to use fresh jalapenos if you don’t have them on hand. I would recommend using three (3) tablespoons of diced pickled peppers in place of the fresh ones.
Please be aware that the dip may be hotter than expected when using pickled jalapenos.
How can I make homemade tortilla chips?
In our household, we make baked tortilla chips all the time. Usually, what I do is take regular corn tortillas, cut them in fourths, and bake them in the oven on 375 degrees F.
You can toss them lightly in oil and sprinkle salt or seasonings on them for flavor. Sometimes, we use sea salt or homemade taco seasoning on our versions.
Looking for more jalapeno themed recipes?
Baked Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip Filling
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 8 Ounces Cheddar Cheese (shredded, two ((2)) cups by volume)
- 3 Large Jalapenos (fresh, diced and de-seeded or jarred will work)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated or finely shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and spray an 8×8 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add the cheddar cheese and jalapenos. Continue to mix until combined. Then transfer the mixture to an 8 x 8 – inch baking dish or small casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the breadcrumb topping evenly over the dip.
- Place the baking dish in the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot with tortilla chips, crackers, fresh vegetables.