These jalapeno popper rolls have all the flavors of your favorite spicy appetizer! Fresh baked and ready to eat in 30-minutes or less.
Kim and I love jalapeno poppers! However, we don’t always feel like going through the hassle of making them.
So, we started coming up with easy recipes based on those flavors. Like our baked jalapeno popper dip.
Today, we’re adding another cheese and pepper themed recipe. It’s our semi-homemade jalapeno popper rolls.
Kim combined cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pickled jalapenos, and crispy bacon for the filling.
Then, rolled everything up in store-bought pizza dough to create a tasty appetizer that any popper fan will adore.
Brush them with the optional garlic butter topping and you have one tasty snack. So, shall we get started?
How to make jalapeno popper rolls with cheddar cheese?
First, start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F. and lining a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
Alternatively, you can use non-stick cooking spray on the pan. But, the rolls may stick.
Next, grab a small mixing and toss in the jalapenos, shredded cheddar, cream cheese, and cooked and crumbled bacon (optional).
After that, use a spoon or rubber spatula to mix the filling together. Set it aside.
Now, open the pizza dough and spread it out on the prepared baking sheet.
Afterward, use a rubber spatula to spread the filling onto the dough.
Then, start with long end of the rectangular dough and roll it into a log.
Using a sharp knife, cut the log into slices that are about 1-inch thick. You should have about 15 popper rolls.
At this point, the rolls should be on the sheet pan and ready to bake. Place them into the oven.
Let them bake for about 17-minutes or until the cheese bubbles and the edges are browned.
Meanwhile, as the rolls bake, you can make the topping. Grab a small mixing bowl that’s microwave safe.
Add the butter, garlic powder, and salt to the bowl. Put the bowl into your microwave for 15-second intervals until the butter is melted.
Use a spoon or whisk to combine the ingredients into a garlic butter topping.
Last, remove the jalapeno rolls from the oven and brush them with the topping while they’re hot.
All that’s left to do is enjoy them. That’s it, your jalapeno popper rolls recipe is done!
Kim and I hope you enjoy them and wish you all the best 🙂
- If you can’t find pizza dough, then use canned crescent rolls. Simply open the can, unroll the rolls, and separate them per the package instructions. Use a spoon to add the filling to each section of dough and then roll them up. However, you may need to adjust the cook time to ensure they’re completely done.
- Honestly, this recipe packs a punch. Meaning, these jalapeno popper rolls are spicy. So, for less heat, simply reduce the amount of pickled jalapenos (use half the amount listed on the recipe card).
- You don’t have to use cheddar cheese. In fact, you could try mozzarella or even Monterrey Jack cheese if you prefer.
Don’t forget to check out our Jalapeno Popper Rolls web story!
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ Cup Pickled Jalapenos, diced (reduce amount for less heat) See Note*
- ½ Cup Cooked Bacon, in bits (optional)
- 1 (13.8 Ounce) Can Refrigerated Pizza Dough
Optional Garlic Butter Topping:
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheese, jalapenos, and bacon if using.
- Unroll the pizza dough and spread it out on the baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pizza dough. Starting with the longer side of the dough, roll it tight with the filling on the inside.
- Use a sharp knife or a bench scraper to divide the dough into 14 to 16 even pieces. Place the pieces (filling up) on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the edges are brown.
- If you’re using the garlic butter topping, mix the butter, garlic powder, and salt together in a microwave-safe bowl while the rolls are in the oven. Place it into the microwave for about 30-45 seconds and stir the ingredients together.
- Remove the jalapeno popper rolls from the oven and brush the garlic butter mixture over the tops. Serve warm with ranch dressing.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of about 2 jalapeno popper rolls per person. Actual calories will vary. For additional information and tips please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 2 Rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.