This jalapeno cheddar cheese ball recipe uses distinct cheeses, peppers, and various spices to create a smooth and creamy appetizer that everyone will love.
Starting a blog post with a declarative statement is probably not the best way to win people over. However, on this occasion, I will make an exception. I love cheese balls!
They are one of my favorite snacks. As a kid, we used to watch a lot of football games; notably, college football. In my house growing up, excited shouts and frustrated groans filled our living room during football season. Hours were spent nestled together on the sofa watching the drama unfold.
After I moved out and subsequently married, my interest in sports started to wane. While reading and video games were always a part of my life, once Kim and I started living together those hobbies took over most of my free time.
With that being said, I never could let go of “game day” snacks. This cheese ball recipe is a result of that love affair. It’s simple to prepare and delicious to eat.
The jalapenos bring more flavor than heat this time around. The spice is subdued by the trifecta of cheeses in the dish. The velvety cream cheese acts a vehicle for the sharp cheddar and salty Monterey Jack; ensuring, each taste bud is satiated.
The aromatic green onions cut through the richness of the spread. All the seasons serve to enhance every savory bite of this delicious hors’ d’oeuvre. It is a unique offering that should satisfy any palate with a craving for a delicious start to his or her meal.
How to Make a Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Ball
- The jalapeno cheddar cheese ball instructions are pretty easy. All you need to do is make sure you pulled the cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften before you get started. Once the cream cheese has softened up, begin chopping the jalapenos.
- They will need to be seeded, the membranes removed and diced. Next, take half of the peppers and put them in a bowl to set aside for later. Chop the pecans and take half of them to set aside for later. Shred your cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Afterward, dice the green onions.
- Once the preparation work has been completed, combine the half the jalapenos, half the pecans, and all of the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and green onions in a large bowl. To that mixture, add the seasoning salt, garlic powder, and Worchestire sauce.
- As soon as all the ingredients have been added, mix everything together and form the mixture into a cheese ball. Then roll the ball around in the remaining jalapenos and pecans creating a crust.
- Put the cheese ball on a serving plate and place into your refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours or until the ball is firm. You can serve the cheese ball with your favorite crackers or toasted bread.
We love cooking with jalapeno and cheddar flavors. Here are some of our other favorite recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Spicy Jalapeno Cornbread
- Braided Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
If you like this jalapeno cheddar cheese ball recipe, please leave us a comment and rate the recipe card. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen!
Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 2 packages cream cheese (16 ounces, softened)
- 4 jalapenos (seeded, membranes removed, chopped, and divided)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- Combine half the jalapenos and pecans with the rest ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Form the mixture into a ball.
- Then roll the cheese ball in the remaining jalapenos and pecans.
- Place it into the refrigerator to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or toasted bread.