Our savory jalapeno cheese ball is loaded with fresh jalapenos, cheddar, Monterey Jack and cream cheeses, and chopped pecans!
We've been making cheese ball recipes for years. From holiday gatherings to football parties, we've got a cheese ball for every occasion.
For today, we're sharing a jalapeno cheese ball. If you've never had one before, they taste like a jalapeno popper.
Especially, if you add cooked bacon. However, we decided to leave out the bacon and use pecans instead.
There's nothing complicated about the appetizer. Just remember to pull out the cream cheese a few hours before getting started.
How to make a jalapeno cheese ball without bacon?
First, start by softening the cream cheese. Once that's done grab a large mixing bowl.
In the large bowl, add the following ingredients:
- cream cheese
- ¼-cup of the chopped jalapenos
- cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses
- green onions
- ¼-cup of chopped pecans
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce.
Now, you have 2 options here. You can use a wooden spoon or a hand mixer to combine the ingredients into a creamy dip.
Next, form the dip into a round ball. Also, go ahead and grab some plastic wrap. You'll need it in a few minutes.
Then, use you're hands to coat the cheese ball in the remaining chopped pecans and jalapenos.
Afterward, cover the ball in plastic wrap and place it into your fridge to chill for about 3 hours.
The cream cheese base needs to firm up a little before serving. When it's done, remove it from your fridge.
Last, transfer it to a serving platter and surround it with chips, crackers, pretzel sticks, or any other dippers you desire.
That's it, your jalapeno cheese ball is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
Jalapeno Cheese Ball Tips and Variations:
- For a spicy cheese ball, you can leave the jalapeno seeds and membranes in tact and mix them into the dish.
- If you want the jalapeno popper experience in a dip, then consider adding cooked, chopped bacon.
How long does a homemade cheese ball last?
When properly stored in your fridge, it should last about 3 days.
Is it OK to freeze a cheese ball?
Sure, just properly store it in your freezer. It should last about 2 months. Also, you’ll need to thaw it in your fridge before serving.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 16 ounces block-style cream cheese, two (8 ounce) packages, softened
- ½ cup jalapeños, seeded, membranes removed, chopped, and divided
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded off the block
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded off the block
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped, divided into ½ cup and ¼ cup portions
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, ¼ cup jalapenos, the cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, ¼ cup pecans, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.16 ounces block-style cream cheese8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese4 ounces Monterey jack cheese¼ cup green onions1 teaspoon seasoning salt1 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Once the ingredients are combined, form them into a ball. Coat the outside of the cheese ball with remaining ¼ cup of jalapenos and ½ cup of pecans.
- Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and place it into the fridge to chill for 3 hours. Remove and serve with crackers, pretzels, or any dippers you like.
- Leftovers can be covered and stored in your fridge for up to 3 days.