The easiest pimento cheese recipe you’ll ever make! Our homemade pimento cheese is savory and full of pimentos. Make this delicious snack in minutes.
Pimento cheese, a family tradition is some households. Honestly, I can see why. It’s creamy, savory and perfect for sharing.
Our pimento cheese recipe takes simple ingredients and transforms them into a delicious cheese spread guaranteed to please.
The hardest part is making sure the cream cheese has softened. Simply, remove it from the fridge about two (2) hours before your ready to begin.
Speaking of which. shall we get started?
How to make pimento cheese?
First, start by making sure the cream cheese is soft. It doesn’t need to be melted, just squishy.
Next, place the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar, pimentos, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and onion powder into a large mixing bowl.
I recommend waiting until the pimento cheese spread is mixed before stirring in salt and pepper. That way, you can taste it and add the seasonings on an as needed basis.
Then, use a wooden spoon or hand mixer to blend the cheese spread until it’s smooth and creamy.
Last, serve it with dipping items of your choice. It will need to be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge. The spread will firm up as it chills.
That’s it, your pimento cheese recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the snack and wish you all the best 🙂
Like this dip? Try our roasted garlic hummus recipe for a light, creamy dip!
- 8 Ounces Cheddar Cheese, (or about 2 cup by volume of sharp, shredded)
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, (softened, cut into squares)
- 4 Ounces Pimentos, (jarred, drained and diced)
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder,
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large, use a hand mixer or wooden spoon to combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pimentos, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with crackers, toasted baguette slices, celery or carrot sticks. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The calorie count provided is an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of about 1.33 ounces of the pimento cheese spread. Additionally, the calorie count does NOT include the crackers seen in the photos. Actual calories will vary.
**Pimento cheese will firm up when it’s refrigerated.**
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1.33 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g