Gooey, cheesy Pizza Sliders are the ultimate in comfort food. Warm yeast rolls, freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, hearty marinara sauce, spicy pepperoni, parmesan, and the best garlic butter in one easy to enjoy package. Perfect for a fun weeknight dinner or a game day appetizer!
Sliders are great for an easy appetizer or a fun snack, but we love a good sandwich anyway we can get it. Some of our go-to’s are a Meatball Sandwich, our Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken sandwich, our Grilled Chicken Sandwich, or a Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich.
Personal pizza gets even more personal with these handheld Pizza Sliders. The perfect size to pop for a winning appetizer or for little hands to hold as they enjoy their own “me sized” pizzas! These sliders are the best of both worlds where pizza meets sandwich.
They can be customized with your favorite toppings. The warm yeast rolls hold all your traditional pizza favorites together and the seasoned butter is a must!
Cheesy and flavorful, these sliders are quick and easy to make. Make a tray to shake up your weekly dinner routine or serve them as an appetizer at your next game day or viewing party!
How to Make Pizza Sliders
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the slider rolls in half horizontally, carefully remove the tops and set them aside.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls on the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle a generous amount of the mozzarella cheese in an even layer over the rolls.
- Spread the marinara sauce on top of the cheese. Then a layer of pepperoni on top of each of the individual rolls.
- Now add back the tops of the rolls to complete the sliders. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the sliders bake, melt the butter in a small bowl for 30 seconds. Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning and garlic powder and stir until combined. Once the rolls are out of the oven, use a pastry brush to brush the tops of the rolls with the seasoned butter.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and bake again for 5 more minutes. Serve with freshly chopped parsley and a side of marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy hot!
Tips and Variations
- Pizza Sliders can be completely customized. Feel free to add or omit toppings or make a variety of flavors. Some suggestions would be:
- Add sausage and bacon for a meat lovers style slider.
- Omit the pepperoni and add in spinach, olives, onions, and peppers, and tomatoes for a garden veggie version.
- Switch the marinara for alfredo or a white sauce and add chicken instead of pepperoni for an alfredo slider.
- Pretty much anything you’d think of to put on a pizza can be made into a pizza slider!
- Crescent rolls can be used instead of yeast rolls for a roll up style snack as opposed to a slider if rolls aren’t available. Bake according to the crescent roll packaging.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to make multiple trays if serving at a larger function.
- For a homemade marinara sauce try our Easy Marinara Sauce Recipe!
Storage and Reheating
Storage: Leftover Sliders can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. We don’t recommend freezing this particular recipe.
Reheating: To reheat the sliders, warm in the oven or the microwave until heated through.
Pizza SlidersPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 16 ounce package slider buns left connected (12 slider buns total)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded off the block
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated off the block
- Parsley fresh, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the rolls in half horizontally. Then carefully remove the top and set aside.16 ounce package slider buns
- Place the bottom half of the rolls on the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese in an even layer.8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Spread the marinara sauce on top of the cheese. Then a pepperoni on top of each of the individual rolls.1 ½ cups marinara sauce12 slices pepperoni
- Add the top rolls to complete the sliders, and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the sliders bake, melt the butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a small bowl for 30 seconds. After the rolls bake, use a pastry brush to apply the seasoned butter to the rolls.4 tablespoons unsalted butter1 teaspoon Italian seasoning1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese, and bake again for 5 more minutes. Serve with freshly chopped parsley and a side of marinara sauce for dipping.¼ cup parmesan cheeseParsley
- Enjoy hot! See post for storage options.