Our cheesy pizza monkey bread is loaded with pepperonis. mozzarella, and Italian spices! Serve this savory dish with your favorite marinara.
Every now and then, Kim and I like to prepare over-the-top, savory snacks. Preferably, something with melted cheese.
So, Kim dug through the pantry and the fridge and made this pizza monkey bread for the family.
It was so tasty and simple we just had to share it on our site. We think you’ll love it as much as we do.
After the detailed instructions, you’ll find some helpful tips and suggestions. So, shall we get started?
How to make pizza monkey bread with biscuits?
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, open and cut up the biscuits, cheese sticks, and pepperonis. Go ahead and melt the butter.
After that, grab a large mixing bowl and a wooden spoon to stir everything together.
In the large bowl combine the biscuits, pepperonis, mozzarella, melted butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
Once the ingredients are mixed, transfer them to the grease bundt pan. Simply dump everything into the dish.
Then, place the monkey bread into the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes.
When the monkey bread is done, remove it from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack.
Last, let the appetizer cool in the pan for about 10-minutes before transferring it to a serving platter.
That’s it, your pepperoni monkey bread is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- Kim recommends mixing the butter and spices together first, then drizzle that mixture over the biscuits, cheese, and pepperonis. This allows the spices to evenly coat all the ingredients.
- Depending on the brand of biscuits you choose, your pizza monkey bread could taste a little sweet. So, I recommend purchasing a brand of biscuits with a low amount of sugar.
- We served our appetizer with jarred marinara sauce. However, you could use a garlic butter dipping sauce, or even ranch dressing.
- If the biscuits start to brown too quickly, cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Can I freeze pizza monkey bread? Yes, you can freeze it (unbaked). When properly stored in your freezer, it should hold for up to 2-months. When you’re ready to cook it, thaw it in your fridge overnight before baking.
- 30.6 Ounces Refrigerated Biscuits, cut into eighths (3-10.2 Ounce Cans )
- 5 Ounces Pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, cut into small pieces
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a Bundt pan. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the biscuit pieces, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, melted butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
Transfer the ingredients to the Bundt pan, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. If the biscuits begin to brown too quickly, cover the pan loosely with foil. Bake until the biscuits are golden brown and set in the center.
Allow the monkey bread to cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the pan, then take a knife and gently loosen the sides. Place a serving plate over the top of the pan, and invert it to remove the bread.
Serve warm with marinara or ranch dressing. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge for up to 3-days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 3/4-cup of the pizza monkey bread. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 869mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.