*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy cheesy pull apart bread loaded with garlic butter and cheddar cheese! Our recipe shows you how to create a tasty bread for your next get together.
Cheesy bread, one of the tastiest culinary creations known to man. Okay, maybe I am going a little overboard with that statement.
For today’s post, we’re sharing Kim’s best cheese bread recipe. All you need to do is scroll past the first picture for detailed instructions.
The recipe card is below that. So, let’s get started!
Equipment Needed for Recipe:
How to make cheesy pull apart bread?
- First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Now, mince the garlic, and chop the parsley. Or you can use jarred garlic and dried parsley.
- Next, grab a small bowl. If you haven’t softened your butter, you can melt it on the lowest setting in your microwave. I would cover it with a paper towel; otherwise, it can pop and make a mess.
- After that, in the small bowl, combine the butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley. Set the bowl aside for now.
- Then, place the bread on a cutting board and make vertical and horizontal slices. But, be careful not to cut all the way through the bread.
- Afterward, gently spread the bread apart to create cavities between the cuts.
- At this point, use a pastry brush to slather the bread with the garlic and butter mixture.
- Also, stuff the cavities with shredded cheese. Any leftover cheddar can be sprinkled over the top of the dish.
- Wrap the cheesy bread in aluminum foil and place it into the oven to bake for about twenty (20) minutes.
- Last, remove it from the oven when the timer goes off. Unwrap it and put the bread back into the oven to bake for another five (5) to ten (10) minutes to crisp up the top.
That’s it, once it done, you can serve the cheesy pull apart bread! Kim and I hope you enjoy the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
Need More Holiday Appetizer Ideas?
Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
- 1 Loaf Sourdough Bread (or other bread you like, round works best)
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley (chopped or dried)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cheddar (or your favorite cheese, shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, parsley, and salt. Set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the bread diagonally in rows about an inch apart. Don’t cut all the way through. Only go about ⅔ of the way through the loaf. Turn the loaf, and repeat to form a crisscross (diamond) pattern.
- Using your fingers, gently loosen the bread pieces without breaking them apart from the bottom. Use a pastry brush to apply the butter mixture to the inside of the bread. Next take tiny bits of shredded cheese and stuff inside the openings.
- Wrap the bread tightly in foil, and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, unwrap the bread, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes to crisp the outside.
- Serve hot, and store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.