Easy olive and caper tapenade is the perfect appetizer blending the buttery flavor of olives with the briny tartness of capers spread atop toasted bread.
This post is sponsored by Lindsay Olives but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
We all know throwing a fantastic game day party can be like tossing a hail mary. You do the best you can, but ultimately, it’s a last-ditch effort to score a touchdown. Fortunately, when you draft Lindsay Olives to your team, success is guaranteed.
We have used Lindsay Olives in our recipes for years. They have a multitude of products to choose from ensuring you have a variety of ingredients to flavor your favorite dishes.
For this recipe, we used a combination of Lindsay Naturals Black and Green Olives. The Naturals product line sports olives in their purest form.
There are no artificial colors or preservatives, meaning you get exactly what you want, the buttery taste of pure olives. Using capers and shallots, we elevated the olives to the M.V.P. of the dip.
So, if you want to have a phenomenal gameday party, then visit Club Lindsay and sign up for more details and a coupon. Included in this offer is a $1.00 coupon to be used at your local retailer, or using the code GAMEDAY for 25% off online purchases of Lindsay Olives.
Additionally, Club Lindsay also provides you with a collection of recipe ideas. From easy to make tapenades to full-fledged dinner fares, Lindsay has you covered.
- The first step to creating this tapenade is to dice the capers, shallots, and garlic.
- Go ahead and slice the baguette into thin slices about a ¾ inch wide.
- Place the bread slices into a toaster oven or oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
- In a food processor or blender combine the black olives, green olives, capers, shallots, garlic, olive oil, and black pepper.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Last, spread the dip on the toasted bread and enjoy!
- The tapenade can be stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Using great Lindsay Olives, we created this tapenade for you to enjoy. Hopefully, it will not only score a touchdown but also pull off a two-point conversion.
- 1 6 ounce can of Lindsay Naturals Black Olives (Medium-Pitted)
- 1 6 ounce can of Lindsay Naturals Green Olives (Medium-Pitted)
- 1 Tablespoon of Capers
- 1 Small Shallot
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic
- 6 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste (We used ½ Teaspoon)
Slice baguette into ¾ inch pieces and toast in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
If using a blender for this recipe, dice the capers, shallots, and garlic. If using a food processor no dicing should be needed.
In a food processor or blender combine both types of olives, capers, shallots, garlic, olive oil, and pepper.
Blend or pulse until tapenade is smooth and creamy.
Taste test and add salt to taste.
Spread tapenade on toasted bread slices, serve and enjoy.
*Calories include the entire recipe without bread. Recipe is intended to be shared among several people.