Instant Pot Hot Spinach Dip is cheesy, creamy, and great for sharing. It’s full of stringy Monterey Jack and nutty Parmesan cheeses with hints of garlic and sweet onions. Since this spinach dip is made in the Instant Pot, it only takes minutes to make!
*This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission from the sale if you purchase from the affiliate link.
Hot spinach dip is a classic appetizer that is seen on hundreds of restaurant menus. It’s cheesy, warm, and comforting. Frankly, spinach dip is an all around great dish.
Our version isn’t a copycat recipe, but we still think it’s pretty amazing. This recipe doesn’t have artichoke hearts like our crock pot spinach artichoke dip recipe.
Those are an easy addition, though. The best thing about this recipe is that it only takes minutes to make! Let me tell you how!
How to Make Hot Spinach Dip:
- Assemble all the ingredients, so they’re readily available. We like to use cheese shredded from the block not pre-shredded cheese. It tends to melt better.
- Add the cream cheese, spinach, sour cream, garlic, onions, salt, pepper, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot. There’s no need to thaw the frozen spinach. Just dump it in.
- Close the lid, and set the Instant Pot to manual, high pressure for 4 minutes.
- After the 4 minutes is up, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid, and add the cheeses. Stir well to combine.
- Serve the hot spinach dip immediately with chips, pitas, pretzels, or toasted bread.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Tips for Making and Serving Hot Spinach Dip:
- We don’t recommend freezing this dip. The sour cream has a tendency to separate after being frozen leaving the spinach dip grainy and unappealing. It’s best to keep it in the fridge and eat it within a couple of days.
- We do recommend reheating it slowly on the stove top over low heat for best results. If you’re really hungry and don’t have the patience to wait for stove top reheating, the microwave will work. Just heat it on half power, and stir it frequently.
- To cut calories and/or fat, use reduced fat cheeses, cream cheese, and sour cream. Just a word of caution, making substitutions may change the flavor, texture, and consistency of the dish.
- If you like artichoke hearts, add them during the first step along with the cream cheese, spinach, and other ingredients. Be sure to drain them first!
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet? Here’s the one we use, and we love it!
Looking for other great Instant Pot or pressure cooker recipes? We’ve got a ton! Give one of these a try:
Instant Pot Hot Spinach Dip
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 10 Ounces Frozen Spinach
- 1/2 Cup White Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 12 Ounces Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 12 Ounces Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, spinach, onions, chicken broth, garlic, salt, and pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, and set Instant Pot to manual pressure high for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release then remove the lid.
- Add the Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheeses. Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately with chips, pitas, pretzels, or toast.