We combined Monterrey Jack, cheddar, and cream cheese with fresh jalapenos to create this melty, cheesy jalapeno popper bread.
Kim has wanted to share this recipe with everyone for quite awhile. However, we had to wait until after Christmas. It’s not really a holiday recipe.
This jalapeno popper bread features cream cheese, sour cream, fresh peppers, and 2 kinds of shredded cheese. It’s similar to our cheesy garlic bread except it has different toppings.
Basically, it has all the flavors of a jalapeno popper, served on a toasted French loaf. The fresh jalapenos add a flavorful crunch to the smooth and creamy filling.
How to make jalapeno popper bread?
First, line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and preheat your oven to 350°F.
After that, slice the French bread lengthwise and brush it with melted butter.
Next, place the bread on the sheet pan and bake it for 8-10 minutes. Just long enough to toast a little.
Meanwhile, while the bread bakes, place the cream cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Combine the ingredients into a creamy filling. Afterward, stir in the shredded cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheeses.
Then, spread the filling over the toasted French bread. Return the bread to the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cream cheese is bubbly.
Last, remove the bread from the oven, slice it into 12-pieces, and serve hot.
That’s it, your jalapeno popper bread is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- If you leave the jalapeno seeds and membranes intact, then filling will be much spicier.
- Adding extra spices like cumin and chili powder to the filling will give the popper bread a Tex-Mex flavor.
- Use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese and other ingredients.
Can I freeze jalapeno popper bread?
How long does jalapeno popper bread last?
- 1 Loaf French Bread (We used a 14 ounce loaf.)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (1 pack)
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 4 Ounces Sour Cream
- 2 Large Jalapenos, deseeded, membranes removed, and 2 tablespoons reserved
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Brush 1 ½ tablespoons of melted butter over each piece of French bread. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the bread is toasted. While the bread toasts, make the cream cheese topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, garlic powder, salt, and onion powder.
- After the bread toasts, remove it from the oven and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over each piece. Sprinkle with the remaining jalapenos.
- Place the bread back in the oven for 10 to 15 more minutes until the cream cheese mixture melts a bit.
- Slice each piece into 6 pieces, and serve warm. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 pieces of the jalapeno popper bread. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 Pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 765mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.