*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A simple and delicious 4-ingredient Italian sausage dip made with cream cheese. It only takes one pan and about 20-minutes to prepare this tasty snack!
Dips are probably one of my favorite appetizers or snacks. In fact, we have quite a few dip recipes on the site already.
For today’s dish, we’re sharing our Italian sausage dip. It only uses 4-ingredients, but it’s the secret ingredient that makes this dip so memorable!
The pepperoncinis are what gives this dip a briny, savory flavor. Think of an Italian sub sandwich in dip form.
Now, if that doesn’t sound tasty to you, then I recommend scrolling down to the tips and FAQ section(s) of the post for suggestions on substitutions.
How to make Italian sausage dip?
First, grab a large skillet or saucepan and place it over low-medium heat. Toss in the sausage and let it cook until it’s done.
We recommend draining the grease and returning the sausage back to the pan. Or, you can use paper towels to soak up the excess grease.
Next, open the canned tomatoes and add them to the pan along with its liquid. Afterward, add in the cream cheese and pepperoncinis.
Then, continue cooking the sausage dip over low heat until the cheese melts and everything is well-combined.
Last, once the dip is hot, remove it from the heat and serve. We like to eat this dip with tortilla chips.
On the other hand, you could use toasted Italian bread if you’d prefer.
Kim and I hope you enjoy this Italian sausage dip and wish you all the best 🙂
- You can cook the Italian sausage in advance and then finish making the dip in your microwave.
- If pepperoncinis are too spicy, then use mild green chili’s in place of them. However, keep in mind that you will lose that classic vinegar flavor in Italian cooking.
- Pairing this dish with alcohol just makes sense. With that being said, due to flavors of the dip, I recommend serving it with a light, “hoppy,” beer or ale. Avoid heavy wheat(s) or honey ales. They’re a bit overwhelming.
Absolutely, Velveeta will work just fine. Simply use it in place of the cream cheese on step 2.
To be honest, we like our dips loaded with goodies. However, I can understand someone preferring a thinner dip. So, to thin this recipe out a little, increase the cream cheese amount to 12-ounces.
Of course, if you can’t find a can of Italian tomatoes, feel free to use a can of regular diced tomatoes or Rotel.
Looking for more easy dip recipes?
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen and our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes!
Italian Sausage Dip Recipe
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 Lb. Italian Sausage (mild, medium, or hot)
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (cut into cubes)
- 10.5 Ounces Italian Tomatoes (canned, undrained)
- 1/4 Cup Pepperoncinis (sliced or chopped)
- Heat a large skillet over low to medium heat. Add the sausage and break into small pieces. Cook until no pink remains. Drain any excess grease, and return sausage to the pan.
- Add the cream cheese, tomatoes, and pepperoncinis. Continue to cook over low to medium heat while stirring occasionally until the cream cheese is completely melted and all ingredients are combined.
- Serve immediately with chips. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.