A quick and easy blt dip recipe loaded with bacon, green onions, tomatoes, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. It’s sure to become a household favorite!
BLT sandwiches were always a family favorite in my home growing up. Toasted bread, smoky bacon, crisp lettuce, and plump tomatoes all came together in harmony with each bite. Add a little mayo and you have the perfect sandwich.
When Kim and I noticed the BLT dip recipes showing up on social media, we just had to try one out. However, a lot of the other recipes seemed to be missing something. Turns out, this dip needs more acid to cut through all the fat. The simple solution, add lemon juice and so our BLT dip recipe was born.
How to Make BLT Dip:
- First, start by gathering and prepping all your ingredients. Also, don’t forget to pull the cream cheese out before getting started. It needs to soften a little before mixing.
- Next, make sure to scrap out and de-seed your tomatoes; otherwise, the will water down the BLT dip.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or using a stand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sour cream.
- Then, once everything is smooth and creamy, fold in the tomatoes, bacon, and green onions.
- Last, pour the BLT dip into serving bowls and garnish with extra bacon, green onions, or tomatoes. Serve the dip with toasted bread, chips, or veggie sticks.
- You can store the dip in your fridge for up to three days in a sealed container.
BLT Dip Tips:
- Toasted sourdough bread makes an excellent dipping bread.
- Feel free to cook up a little extra bacon to dice and sprinkle over the finished dip as a garnish.
- You could add a little hot sauce to the dip, instead of lemon juice, for a spicy quick of flavor.
Need another savory party dip? Then try our Instant Pot Spinach Dip.
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayonaise
- 2 Ounces Cooked Bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed)
- 4 Whole Tomatoes (de-seeded and diced)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, remove the cream cheese from your fridge at least 30 minutes before starting the dip as it needs to soften.
- Next, use a hand or stand mixer to combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Then, use a silicone spatula to fold in the bacon, green onions, and tomatoes.
- Last, garnish the dish with more tomatoes, green onions, bacon, etc. and serve with chips, crackers, toasted bread, or vegetable sticks.