Wondering what to do with your cream cheese? Then try our savory 3 ingredient French onion cream cheese dip. It's perfect for chips or fresh veggies!
Kim and I love appetizers and dips. In fact, when we first got together, we spent many Friday evenings sipping cocktails and trying new finger foods.
For today, we're adding another tasty option to that list. It's our French onion cream cheese dip.
What can I dip in cream cheese?
There are a lot things you can dip into cream cheese. For example, fresh fruits and veggies or snack food like broccoli florets, carrot sticks, crackers, potato chips, zucchini sticks, and banana chips, all make great dipping options!
How long is cream cheese dip good for?
Typically, if you store it in a sealed container in your fridge, the average cream cheese dip is good for 3-5 days.
What can you do with cream cheese?
Cream cheese is a wonderful ingredient with many uses. From dips to desserts, here's a list of a few things you can make using cream cheese.
How to make French onion dip using cream cheese?
First, about an hour before you get started, remove the cream cheese from your fridge and allow it to soften.
Next, grab a medium sized mixing bowl and add the sour cream and the French onion soup mix.
Use a whisk or your hand mixer to combine the two ingredients until they're smooth and creamy.
Then, go ahead and open the softened cream cheese. Place the cheese into the bowl with the sour cream mixture.
Now, use a hand mixer to combine the cheese with the French onion soup and sour cream mixture.
Last, when cream cheese dip is mixed, transfer it to a decorative bowl and serve it with your favorite dippers.
That's it, your French onion dip is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this snack and wish you all the best 🙂
- Potato chips can be flimsy. So, if you want to use them as dippers, be sure to let the dip soften a little before serving. Otherwise, the chips will break in the firm cream cheese.
- If want a mild or creamier version of the French onion dip, then add more sour cream to the mixture.
- Some soup mixes are saltier than others. Keep that in mind when selecting a French onion soup mix for the recipe.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ounce onion soup mix, (1 packet)
- 8 ounces block-style cream cheese, softened
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and onion soup mix until well combined and creamy. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth and all the ingredients are incorporated.½ cup sour cream1 ounce onion soup mix8 ounces block-style cream cheese
- Serve immediately with fresh vegetables, crackers, or pretzels. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.