Wondering what to do with your cream cheese? Then try our savory 3 ingredient French onion cream cheese dip. It’s perfect for chips or fresh veggies!
Kim and I love appetizers and dips. In fact, when we first got together, we spent many Friday evenings sipping cocktails and trying new finger foods.
For today, we’re adding another tasty option to that list. It’s our French onion cream cheese dip.
What can I dip in cream cheese?
There are a lot things you can dip into cream cheese. For example, Strawberry Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits
How to make French onion dip using cream cheese?
First, about an hour before you get started, remove the cream cheese from your fridge and allow it to soften.
Next, grab a medium sized mixing bowl and add the sour cream and the French onion soup mix.
Use a whisk or your hand mixer to combine the two ingredients until they’re smooth and creamy.
Then, go ahead and open the softened cream cheese. Place the cheese into the bowl with the sour cream mixture.
Now, use a hand mixer to combine the cheese with the French onion soup and sour cream mixture.
Last, when cream cheese dip is mixed, transfer it to a decorative bowl and serve it with your favorite dippers.
That’s it, your French onion dip is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy this snack and wish you all the best 🙂
- Potato chips can be flimsy. So, if you want to use them as dippers, be sure to let the dip soften a little before serving. Otherwise, the chips will break in the firm cream cheese.
- If want a mild or creamier version of the French onion dip, then add more sour cream to the mixture.
- Some soup mixes are saltier than others. Keep that in mind when selecting a French onion soup mix for the recipe.
Don’t forget to check out our Cream Cheese Onion Dip web story!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Ounce French Onion Soup Mix, (1 packet)
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, (softened)
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and onion soup mix until well combined and creamy. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth and all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Serve immediately with fresh vegetables, crackers, or pretzels. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients listed and a serving size of 1-ounce of the French onion cream cheese dip. Additionally, it does NOT include the broccoli, carrots, and crackers seen in the photos. Actual calories will vary. For additional information and tips, please refer to the written post.
*We've partnered with Farmbox Direct, a fresh produce delivery service, to bring fresh and organic fruits and veggies right to your door. Receive 10% off your first order when you use code BERLYS10 at checkout!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g