Instant Pot cheese dip doesn’t get any easier than this! Tomatoes and green chiles combined with Velveeta to create a tasty dip that’s perfect for gameday!
It’s that time of the year again, gameday season! For the next couple of weeks some of the biggest games of the year will be played.
Now, how do you want to spend gameday? Standing in the kitchen making snacks or sitting on the couch catching all the action?
For those of you who don’t want to miss some of the best plays of the season, we’re showing you how to make cheese dip in the Instant Pot.
So, shall we get started?
How to make cheese dip in the Instant Pot?
First, open the can of diced tomatoes and chiles and cube your Velveeta (or other processed cheese product).
Keep in mind, traditional cheddar cheese will not work for this recipe! Also, don’t drain the diced tomatoes and chiles.
Next, place the stainless steel liner into the Instant Pot. Then, place the trivet into the liner. Add one (1) cup of water to the liner.
After that, grab a bowl that will fit in your pressure cooker (and is safe for use in the Instant Pot!).
Now, add the cheese product and the diced chiles and tomatoes (with all the liquid from the can) to the bowl. Afterward, give everything a quick stir.
Then, place the bowl with the dip ingredients into your pressure cooker on top of the trivet.
Place the lid onto the machine and seal the valve. Using the manual or high pressure cook button (or setting) set the machine to cook for six (6) minutes.
Now, when the timer goes off, carefully (using a thick kitchen towel) open the valve to release the remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and carefully take the bowl out of the liner. Last, stir the cheese dip and serve it with chips or any other dipping item you desire.
That’s it, you’ve made Rotel in the Instant Pot. Kim and I hope you enjoy the snack and wish you all the best 🙂
- I would NOT recommend dumping the ingredients directly into the liner. We tried that with extra liquid and the dip still burned.
- The classic Rotel Dip uses ten (10) ounces of diced green chiles and tomatoes for every sixteen (16) ounces of Velveeta. However, we did not use that much of the chiles and tomatoes. You can use the classic recipe amounts if you choose (we made the original version for the video). I simply didn’t want my cheese dip to be that spicy.
- To avoid burning yourself while removing the Instant Pot safe bowl, make an aluminum foil sling.
Don’t forget to check out our Instant Pot Cheese Dip web story!
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 1 Cup Water
- 32 Ounces Velveeta, (or other processed cheese product)
- 10 Ounces Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, (Rotel, undrained)
- Place the trivet into the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water.
- Add the cubed cheese product and tomatoes and green chiles to a pressure cooker safe bowl that will fit into the liner of the Instant Pot (we used a stainless steel bowl). Stir the cheese product and tomatoes and green chiles, then place the bowl on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid, set the valve to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 6 minutes. After the time is up, open the valve (using a kitchen towel) for a quick release of pressure.
- Carefully remove the bowl, and stir the dip to combine the ingredients. Serve hot. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of one-fourth (1/4) of a cup of the easy Instant Pot cheese dip. Additionally, the calorie count does NOT include the chips or other garnishments seen in the photos. Actual calories will vary.
Extra Diced Tomatoes
Extra Green Chiles
The classic Rotel dip uses 16 ounces of Velveeta with 10 ounces tomatoes and green chiles. Please make whichever version you prefer.
If necessary, make a foil sling to remove the bowl of dip.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 0.25 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 902mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g