Our 7 layer dip starts with Tex-Mex favorites like savory refried beans and smooth, creamy nacho cheese. It’s the perfect party dip for any occasion and is sure to please a crowd.
What can you say about a 7 layer dip? Well, for starters, there are 7 layers of Tex-Mex inspired ingredients. As you can see from the photos, Kim and I used refried beans, nacho cheese, sour cream, and a few other fiesta favorites to create a delicious appetizer.
The best part is that only takes a few minutes to put this offering together. Also, once completed, it’s a beautiful dish that displays layer after layer of tasty of ingredients. This was one of my favorite dips to make and I am excited to share it with you.
How to Make a Great 7 Layer Dip:
- First, if using canned ingredients like us, open up all the cans and then grab a plastic spatula or butter knife. I recommend the spatula because it makes spreading the ingredients out a lot easier.
- Next, use a whisk and two mixing bowls to separately whip the sour cream and guacamole. Don’t mix them together, just whip them a little in separate bowls. This will make them lighter and less likely to sink into the layer below them.
- Then, grab an 8×8 inch baking dish and start layering your dip. Now, you can use a different kind of dish; however, when Kim and I tried to use a decorative glass bowl, it was disastrous. Because the bowl curved on the side, the layers didn’t lay evenly and ended up collapsing in on themselves. The end result was an unappealing mess.
- Last, start with the refried beans, spread them on the bottom of the dish, then add the nacho cheese, sour cream, guacamole, olives, lettuce, and fiesta cheese. Make sure to spread each layer evenly and then top the dip with salsa if you like.
7 Layer Dip Tips:
- If your sour cream is too thick and weighs down the nacho cheese, then try whipping it before you put it in the dip.
- Same advice for the guacamole dip, if it’s too thick and heavy, then give it a quick whip.
- Store bought guacamole just not cutting it, then try our Chipotle Guacamole recipe. Just leave out the tomatoes and onions if you decide to use it in this dip.
7 Layer Dip
- 16 Ounces Refried Beans
- 15 Ounces Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 16 Ounces Sour Cream (whipping is recomended)
- 18 Ounces Guacamole (whipping is recommended)
- 2 3.8 Ounce Black Olives (canned)
- 1 Cup Ice burg Lettuce (shredded)
- 1.5 Ounces Fiesta Cheese Blend (shredded)
- Salsa Optional Garnish
- First, if using canned ingredients like us, open up all the cans and then grab a plastic spatula or butter knife.
- Next, use a whisk and two mixing bowls to separately whip the sour cream and guacamole.
- Then, grab an 8x8 inch baking dish and start layering your dip.
- Last, start with refried beans, spread them on the bottom of the dish, then the nacho cheese, sour cream, guacamole, olives, lettuce, and fiesta cheese.