*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A simple, yet zesty homemade chipotle guacamole infused with fresh lime juice, a variety of spices, rich avocados, ripe tomatoes, and crunchy white onions.
Just because the big game has ended doesn’t mean we have to stop eating delicious snacks. Kim and I were going over some of our older recipes and noticed our guacamole needed a little updating.
Starting with the name, we changed it from easy homemade guacamole to chipotle guacamole.
Since we use chipotle powder in the dip, we figured why not let that be the highlighted ingredient. Kim also updated all the pictures and I have rewritten the post.
Now, enough exposition, time to get started on the homemade guacamole. I mean the chipotle guacamole!
How to Make Chipotle Guacamole:
- First, gather all your ingredients and grab cutting board and knife.
- Next, dice your onions and tomatoes and set them aside. Make sure you use a spoon to remove the seeds and insides of the tomatoes while dicing them.
- Then juice your lime into a different bowl and set it aside. In a pinch, you can use store-bought refrigerated lime juice from a bottle.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl combine the avocados, lime juice, cumin, chipotle powder, black pepper, turmeric, cayenne powder, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt.
- After that, using a potato masher, smash all those ingredients together until the guacamole is smooth and creamy.
- Last, fold in the onions and tomatoes. That’s it, you have created homemade guacamole.
- Serve this game day appetizer with tortilla chips or carrot sticks and enjoy. It can be stored in a sealed container for about 2 days in your refrigerator.
Tips for Your Chipotle Guacamole:
- Save the avocado pits and place them into the guacamole when storing it in your fridge. It will help the dip stay green and not turn brown.
- For a creamy, tart kick, try adding 2-tablespoons of sour cream to the homemade guacamole.
- Another great guacamole dip shortcut is to mash the avocados with salt and pepper and fold in 1/4-cup of jarred salsa.
Easy Homemade Guacamole
- 2 Haas Avocados
- 2 Small Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 Medium White Onion
- ½ Lime Juiced or 1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon of Chipotle Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika (We used Hungarian Paprika)
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- In a bowl, dice onions and tomatoes, making sure to remove seeds and insides of tomatoes and set aside.
- Juice lime in separate bowl and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine, avocados, lime juice, cumin, chipotle powder, black pepper, turmeric, cayenne powder, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt.
- Use potato masher to mash all ingredients together until dip is smooth. Fold in fresh onions and garlic. Serve with chips or vegetable sticks. Store in sealed container in refrigerator for up to 2 days.