*This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission from the sale if you purchase from the affiliate link.
Baked chicken taquitos make the perfect appetizer for your next Fiesta Friday dinner. Try them with fresh toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, and guacamole!
I know Fiesta Friday has already come and gone, but Taco Tuesday is just around the corner. So, why not try something new? Kim prepared these baked chicken taquitos last week and they were delicious!
After trying them, we knew we had to share them with our readers. Spicy chicken breast mixed with shredded cheese makes for a wonderful combination. Especially, when topped with things like fresh guacamole and sour cream.
Best of all, they can be served as an appetizer or a main dish. Simply, add a side of rice or refried beans and you have an amazing dinner that’s sure to satisfy everyone. So, shall we get started?
Equipment Needed for Chicken Taquitos:
Here are a few of the things you’ll need in order to make chicken taquitos.
Chicken Taquitos Recipe Instructions:
First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. and spray a large baking or cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, place the shredded chicken and all of the spices into a large mixing bowl. Toss them together to combine the ingredients.
Then, add the shredded cheese and mix it with the chicken and spices. Now, it’s time to roll the chicken taquitos. I’ve provided a separate set of instructions just below.
How to Roll Taquitos:
To begin, work in batches and heat the tortillas. Usually, we only heat two (2) or three (3) of them at a time. Using the microwave, warm them for about twenty (20) seconds each batch.
You’ll want to work quickly. Add about two (2) tablespoons of the chicken and cheese mixture to each tortilla. Roll them up tightly making sure that the seam is facing the bottom.
After that, place them on the baking sheet, leaning against each other. Repeat the process until all the filling is gone. Use the picture below as a reference.
Once they are rolled and on the baking sheet, place the chicken taquitos in the oven to bake for about fifteen (15) minutes or until the tortillas begin to crisp around the edges.
Last, remove them from the oven and serve them with your favorite Tex-Mex toppings. Kim and I hope you enjoy the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
What toppings go on tacos and taquitos?
- Sour Cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Pico de Gallo
- Diced Tomatoes
- Queso Fresco
Baked Chicken Taquitos Tips:
- Leftover rotisserie chicken works well for this recipe.
- Placing the tortillas between two (2) damp paper towels while warming them keeps the tortillas pliable.
- When placing the taquitos on a baking sheet, it’s helpful to prop them against each other, seam side down to keep them from unrolling.
- The best way to reheat our chicken taquitos are to warm them in a toaster oven.
Craving more Fiesta Friday dishes?
Baked Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast (cooked, shredded)
- 18 Small Corn Tortillas (fajita or taco sized- size affects number of servings!)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded, by volume not weight)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Place shredded chicken, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add the shredded cheese, and mix until the chicken and cheese are well combined.
- Working in batches, heat the tortillas, two or three at a time, in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Work quickly, and add about 2 tablespoons of the chicken and cheese mixture to each tortilla. Roll them up tightly, and place them on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the filling is used.
- Place the taquitos in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes or until the ends are brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with your favorite toppings. Save any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.