Taco Dip with Meat is an easy dip recipe that’s perfect for sharing. Seasoned cream cheese is layered with taco meat and all your favorite toppings to make this simple recipe.
Technically, this is a dip recipe, since it has a cream cheese base. However, it’s almost entirely a taco salad, too, if you remove the cream cheese.
Regardless of what you call it, this taco dip is packed with flavor, easy to make, and there’s plenty for sharing. It also refrigerates and heats well, which is great for leftovers.
How to Make Taco Dip with Meat:
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, diced onion, and 1 ounce of taco seasoning. Cook until no pink remains, drain, and set aside.
Take a block of softened cream cheese (not the tub version), and place it in a bowl with the sour cream and the second ounce of taco seasoning. Use a spoon or hand mixer to mix the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Grab an 8 x 8 -inch dish, a 9 x 9-inch dish, a 9 -inch deep dish pie plate, or a 9 -inch tart pan and begin layering the ingredients. Start with the cream cheese mixture, and use a spatula to smooth it in an even layer across the bottom.
Next, add the ground beef mixture. Spoon it over the cream cheese mixture in an even layer.
Add the shredded cheese over the ground beef. Then layer on your favorite toppings.
We used shredded iceberg lettuce, diced vine-ripened tomatoes, and sliced jalapenos. Enjoy immediately, or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
What toppings are good on taco dip?
Diced Purple Onions
Can you use a different kind of meat?
Can you make taco dip without meat?
How do you reduce the sodium in this recipe?
To reduce the sodium, simply cut back the taco seasoning. Use 1 packet instead of 2 or use homemade taco seasoning instead. In most cases, homemade taco seasoning has considerably less salt than it’s store bought counterpart.
Is taco dip with meat eaten hot or cold?
This recipe refrigerates well for about 3 days, and reheats easily in the microwave on half power.
Can you heat taco dip to melt the cheese?
Depending on how much fat is in the ground beef, more grease may be released while the dip is in the oven. *Make sure you’ve placed the dip in an oven-safe dish.
Don’t forget to check out our Easy Taco Dip web story!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef (We used 93/7.)
- ½ Cup White Onion, diced and divided
- 2 (1 Ounce) Packets Taco Seasoning
- 1 (8 Ounce) Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 Ounces Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Fiesta Blend Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- ½ Cup Tomatoes, diced
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion, and 1 ounce of taco seasoning. Cook until no pink remains. Drain the excess grease, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a spoon or hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and the remaining taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In an 8 x 8 -inch dish, a 9 x 9-inch dish, a 9 -inch deep dish pie plate, or a 9 -inch tart pan, add the cream cheese mixture in an even layer. Top the cream cheese with the ground beef, then add the shredded cheese. Next, add your favorite toppings. We used shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sliced jalapenos.
- Serve with tortilla or nacho chips. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 ounces of taco dip. Actual calories will vary.
*If you'd prefer to use homemade taco seasoning, use 2 tablespoons per 1 ounce packet.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.