*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tender chicken in a savory sauce loaded with mixed vegetables. From kitchen to table in less than an hour. Nothing beats warm, hearty chicken pot pie with biscuits.
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes when the temperatures start to fall. It’s warm, hearty, and loaded with everything your body craves.
Needless to say, I am really excited to share this chicken pot pie with biscuits recipe with you.
One quick note before we start cooking. This recipe was originally published back in December of 2018. I’d say it needs and update.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get cooking!
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and butter a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
Next, in a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the butter, chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Let everything cook for about 15 minutes.
Then, add the onions and continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
Now, add the garlic to the mixture and let the ingredients cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Afterward, pour the frozen veggies and chicken stock into the pot and bring the filling to a boil.
At this point, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Pour the slurry into the pot.
Let the filling boil for 1-2 minutes. The sauce will continue to thicken in the oven as it cooks.
For this step, carefully pour the hot filling into the greased 13×9-in. baking dish.
Once that’s done, open the biscuits and place them on top of the filling. Place the dish into the oven to bake for about 15 minutes.
Last, once the biscuits are golden brown, remove the chicken pot pie from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
That’s it, you’re chicken pot pie with biscuits are done. Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and wish you all the best 🙂
How do I thicken my chicken pot pie filling?
Well, you can use a corn starch slurry like we did in our recipe. Or you can melt 4 tablespoons of butter and whisk it together with 1/3 cup of flour.
Then stir that mixture into your filling before it bakes. That should help it thicken up in the oven.
What goes with chicken pot pie?
According to what I’ve read, most people prefer a green salad. Either Caesar or a traditional side salad (lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, etc.).
Looking for other chicken recipes?
- Easy Homemade Chicken Tenders
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Brown Sugar Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Sandwich
Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- 24 Ounces Chicken Breast (cleaned and diced)
- 24 Ounces Frozen Vegetables
- 1/2 Cup White Onion (diced)
- 1 Large Garlic Clove (diced)
- 1/4 Cup Water (for the cornstarch)
- 16 Ounce Biscuits (canned, flaky layers)
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and butter a 13×9-in casserole dish.
- Next, in a skillet over medium-high heat, combine the butter, chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Let everything cook for 15 minutes.
- Then, add the onions and continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes. Now, add the garlic to the mixture and let the ingredients cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Afterward, pour the frozen veggies and chicken stock into the pan and bring the filling to a boil.
- At this point, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Mix them together and pour the slurry into the pan.
- Let this mixture thicken slightly by letting it boil for an additional 1-2 minutes. Carefully pour the hot filling into the greased 13×9-in. dish.
- Open the biscuits and place them on top of the filling. Place pot pie in the oven to bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Last, once the biscuits are golden brown on top, remove the chicken pot pie from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.