Tender chicken in a savory sauce loaded with mixed vegetables. From kitchen to table in less than an hour. Nothing beats warm, hearty chicken pot pie with biscuits.
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes when the temperatures start to fall. It’s warm, hearty, and loaded with everything your body craves.
Needless to say, I am really excited to share this chicken pot pie with biscuits recipe with you.
One quick note before we start cooking. This recipe was originally published back in December of 2018. I’d say it needs and update.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get cooking!
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and butter a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
Next, in a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the butter, chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Let everything cook for about 15 minutes.
Then, add the onions and continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
Now, add the garlic to the mixture and let the ingredients cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Afterward, pour the frozen veggies and chicken stock into the pot and bring the pot pie filling to a boil.
At this point, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Pour the slurry into the pot.
Let the filling boil for 1-2 minutes. The sauce will continue to thicken in the oven as it cooks.
For this step, carefully pour the hot filling into the greased 13×9-in. baking dish.
Once that’s done, open the biscuits and place them on top of the filling. Place the dish into the oven to bake for about 15 minutes.
Last, once the biscuits are golden brown, remove the chicken pot pie from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
That’s it, you’re chicken pot pie with biscuits are done. Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and wish you all the best 🙂
How do I thicken my chicken pot pie filling?
Well, you can use a corn starch slurry like we did in our recipe. Or you can melt 4 tablespoons of butter and whisk it together with 1/3 cup of flour.
Then stir that mixture into your filling before it bakes. That should help it thicken up in the oven.
What goes with chicken pot pie?
According to what I’ve read, most people prefer a green salad. Either Caesar or a traditional side salad (lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, etc.).
Chicken Pot Pie with BiscuitsPrint Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 24 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces refrigerated biscuits, 1 can; flaky biscuits
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F, and butter a 13×9-in casserole dish.
- Next, in a skillet over medium-high heat, combine the butter, chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Let everything cook for 15 minutes.4 tablespoons unsalted butter24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts1 tablespoon garlic powder1 tablespoon onion powder1 teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon ground black pepper1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Then, add the onions and continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes. Now, add the garlic to the mixture and let the ingredients cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Afterward, pour the frozen veggies and chicken broth into the pan and bring the filling to a boil.½ cup white onion1 garlic clove24 ounces frozen mixed vegetables2 cups chicken broth
- At this point, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water. Mix them together and pour the slurry into the pan.¼ cup water3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Let this mixture thicken slightly by letting it boil for an additional 1-2 minutes. Carefully pour the hot filling into the greased 13×9-in. dish.
- Open the biscuits and place them on top of the filling. Place pot pie in the oven to bake for 13-15 minutes.16 ounces refrigerated biscuits
- Last, once the biscuits are golden brown on top, remove the chicken pot pie from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.