Beef Noodle Casserole is a comforting dinner recipe that’s so very easy to make! Tender egg noodles are tossed together with seasoned ground beef, robust marinara sauce and cheese before being baked to perfection in just about 10 minutes.
Craving more comfort? So are we! Once that temperature drops outside, we like to curl up with recipes like this casserole and other comforting dishes like Homemade Hamburger Helper, Old Fashioned Beef Stroganoff, and our favorite Instant Pot Potato Soup with Bacon!
Beef Noodle Casserole
It’s sweater weather! This is one of my favorite times of the year, and not just because I get to move my sweaters and coats to the front of the closet.
It’s also when I make all of my favorite comforting dinner recipes! Beef Noodle Casserole is the definition of a hearty, warm, filling comfort meal. It checks all of the right boxes.
Kids love it just as much as grown-ups do, too! This noodle and beef casserole is a great way to sneak some protein onto even the pickiest of eaters' plates.
How to Make Beef Noodle Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a baking dish.
- Cook your egg noodles in salted water to al dente.
- Cook the ground beef, onions, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drain the excess grease.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Stir in the marinara sauce. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the cooked noodles, beef mixture, and half of the cheese to the baking dish. Stir to combine.
- Top it off with the remaining cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Tips for the Best Beef Noodle Casserole
- For a casserole with more sauce, use 8 ounces of egg noodles and keep the ground beef, sauce mixture and cheese the same.
- You can use whatever marinara sauce you’d like. I recommend using a jar that you already are familiar with and like, that way you know you’ll like the final flavor of the casserole.
- For the best flavor, use fresh garlic, not pre-minced.
Refrigerator: Beef Noodle Casserole stores well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezer: This ground beef casserole with noodles freezes well. Cover the cooked and cooled casserole in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of heavy duty aluminum foil and it should stay fresh for about 2 months.
Can I make Beef Noodle Casserole spicy?
You sure can! For some heat, simply use a spicy marinara sauce or toss in some crushed red pepper flakes along with the other spices.
Why do I need to cook the egg noodles to al dente?
They’re going to cook a little bit more in the oven. If they’re fully cooked before they enter the oven, they’ll get mushy once baked.
More Easy Casserole Recipes:
- Chili Cornbread Casserole
- Taco Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Pork Chop Casserole
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 8 to 12 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup white onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the egg noodles to al dente, about 1 to 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain and set aside.8 to 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onions and garlic.1 to 1 ½ pounds ground beef½ cup white onion2 garlic cloves
- Cook until the beef is cooked through and no longer pin. Drain any excess grease and return the beef to the pan.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce1 teaspoon Italian seasoning1 teaspoon garlic powder½ teaspoon onion powder½ teaspoon kosher salt¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour in the marinara sauce and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.24 ounces marinara sauce
- Transfer the noodles, beef mixture, and 1 cup of cheese to the prepared baking dish. Stir to combine.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm! See post for tips, FAQs, and storage options.