Our cheesy Instant Pot ranch potatoes recipe only uses 5-ingredients. Best of all this savory side dish is done in about 20-minutes!
I have to say, I was really pleased with how these Instant Pot ranch potatoes turned out. Kim did a great job!
They're flavorful, tender, and tasty. The ranch seasoning packet was just the right amount spice. When topped with shredded cheddar cheese, you have an amazing side dish that everyone will love.
With a total kitchen time of about 20-minutes, you can't go wrong with this recipe.
How to make Instant Pot ranch potatoes:
- Start by washing and drying the Yukon baby gold potatoes. After that, use a knife to quarter them.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and toss the potatoes with the ranch seasoning.
- Move the seasoned potatoes to a steamer basket that can go into the Instant Pot. Set the basket aside for now.
- Add 1 cup of water to the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot.
- Transfer the steamer basket of potatoes to the Instant Pot.
- Press the manual/high pressure cook button and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, carefully open the valve to release the steam (quick release).
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar over the potatoes. Place the lid back on the machine.
- Press the "keep warm" button and let the cheese melt for about 5-minutes.
- Serve the potatoes while they're hot and cheesy!
- Okay, so you don't have a steamer basket. Well, you can still make the recipe. Simply dump the potatoes into the liner along with the water. However, you'll need to drain the water after the potatoes cook and before you add the cheese. Also, some of the spices will wash off, making your taters kind of bland.
- To add even more flavor, consider using chicken or vegetable broth in place of the water.
- Ranch seasoning has a lot of sodium, so only add salt if you need it. I recommend waiting until the dish is done and doing a taste test. That's the best way to determine whether or not you even need any extra salt.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 ½ pounds baby gold potatoes, quartered
- 1.4 ounces ranch seasoning mix, 2 (.7 ounce) packets
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes, ranch seasoning, and salt (if using). Transfer the potatoes to a deep steamer basket with a handle(s). Set aside.1 ½ pounds baby gold potatoes1.4 ounces ranch seasoning mix½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour 1 cup of water into the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot. Lower the steamer basket with potatoes into the stainless steel liner.1 cup water
- Close the lid, ensure the valve is set to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 6 minutes. After time is up, open the valve to release the pressure. Remove the lid, and sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the potatoes.1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the lid back on the Instant Pot for 4 to 5 minutes while using the “keep warm” function. This will allow the cheese to melt. After the cheese melts, remove the steamer basket from the Instant Pot, and serve the potatoes hot.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.