Craving a quick sausage and peppers recipe? Try our Instant Pot sausage and peppers! Create a simple and delicious dinner that's sure to please a crowd.
Here we go, another week is up and running. That means your time is limited. However, you still have a family to feed.
Today, we're sharing our Instant Pot sausage and peppers recipe.
Italian sausage pressure cooked with sweet peppers, onions, and garlic. Sounds tasty huh? In that case, we'd better get started!
How to make Instant Pot sausage and peppers?
First, slice the onions and peppers and mince the garlic.
Go head and open the diced tomatoes but do NOT drain them.
Next, turn your pressure cooker onto the saute function and let it heat up.
After that, add the cooking oil and Italian sausage links. Let them saute for about four (4) minutes on each side.
Then, once the sausages have sauteed, remove them and toss in the sliced peppers and onions. Let them cook for about three (3) minutes.
Now, add the minced garlic and let the mixture saute for another thirty (30) seconds.
Afterward, turn off the pressure cooker and place the sausage links back into the pot. Put them right on top of the veggies.
With that done, you can pour in the undrained diced tomatoes. Do NOT stir the mixture.
It's time to place the lid on the cooker and seal the valve. Using the high pressure/manual cook button set the cook time for ten (10) minutes.
Last, when the timer goes off, use a towel to open the valve and complete a quick release. Remove the sausage and stir the veggies.
That's it, your Instant Pot sausage and peppers are ready to serve! Kim and I hope you enjoy the meal and wish you all the best 🙂
- This meal can be served in buns or over a bed of pasta. You could even cut the sausage into pieces before cooking, if desired.
- Once cooked and left to cool, the dish could be frozen and stored (in an air tight freezer bag or container) for about two (2) months.
- Leftovers stored in your fridge, in a sealed container, are good for up to three (3) days.
More Great Sausage Recipes to Try:
- Sausage Potato Foil Packet
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- Easy Sausage Quiche
- Rigatoni Pasta with Cottage Cheese
- Instant Pot Sausage and Chicken Jambalaya
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 5 Italian sausages
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bell peppers, about 3; any variety
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces tomatoes, canned, undrained
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth, beef broth or water
- 5 large hot dog buns
- Press “saute” to turn on the Instant Pot. Wait for the stainless steel liner to get hot then add the oil and the sausages. Cook the sausages for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the casings are lightly browned. Remove the sausages from the Instant Pot.1 tablespoon cooking oil5 Italian sausages
- Add the onion, bell peppers, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until the onion and peppers begin to soften then add the garlic. Cook the garlic for an additional 30 seconds then press “cancel” to turn off the Instant Pot.1 cup white onion2 cups bell peppers2 teaspoons Italian seasonings1 teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon ground black pepper2 garlic cloves
- Place the sausages back into the pot on top of the onion and peppers. Next, pour in the broth, and last, add the diced tomatoes. Do not stir! Close the lid, ensure the valve is set to “sealing,” and press the manual (pressure cook) button. Adjust the time to 10 minutes.15 ounces tomatoes½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- After the ten minutes are up, open the valve for a quick release of pressure. Carefully open the lid, and remove the sausages (place in buns if serving in buns), and stir the remaining ingredients. Place the remaining ingredients on top of the sausages and enjoy.5 large hot dog buns