This Easy Sausage Quiche is a cinch to prepare and will quickly become a family favorite! It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch and lunch!
My family loves a great quiche recipe! They’re pretty much a blank slate, and this sausage quiche is a favorite with plenty of savory sausage and melted cheese. We love to serve it with fruit salad, sauteed asparagus, mini chocolate chip muffins, or strawberry mimosas.
Best Sausage Quiche Recipe:
John has been making a variety of quiche recipes for years, even before we started the blog. One of my favorites is his crustless Southwest Quiche recipe. It’s full of green chiles, tomatoes, and chipotle powder and is so good!
I’m also lovin’ this sausage quiche with its flakey crust, crumbled sausage, and melted cheese. It’s hearty enough to be a full meal after just one slice. This quiche recipe is perfect for weekend breakfasts or a easy brunch recipe.
You can also add some peppers for color, spinach, or kale. Toss in your family’s favorites! They are going to love this recipe!
How to Make a Egg and Sausage Quiche:
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF, and place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- Poke holes in the pie crust, and bake it for 10 minutes. Remove the pie crust from the oven, and allow it to cool.
- While the pie crust bakes, cook the sausage over medium heat until no pink remains.
- Add the onion, and continue to cook until soft. Drain excess grease, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cooled sausage and cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the pie crust, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is set.
- Serve hot with your favorite breakfast sides.
Sausage Quiche Tips and Variations:
- Sausage: Use your favorite variety of sausage. Mild, medium, or hot bulk breakfast sausage will work for this quiche.
- Eggs: If you want a less “eggy” texture, use 4 eggs instead of 6. There will be slightly less volume to the quiche, but it will still taste amazing!
- Veggies: Add your favorite vegetables. Throw in some bell peppers, jalapenos, poblanos, mushrooms, tomatoes, or spinach.
- Cheese: Colby Jack cheese adds a nice, mild flavor, but use your favorite. Cheddar, pepper jack, gouda, and American are all great choices.
- Garnish: Top the finished quiche with chopped fresh parsley, green onions, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, or sour cream.
Room Temperature: This sausage quiche should cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes after being removed from the oven prior to serving. However, it should not be stored at room temperature indefinitely.
Refrigerator: Store the quiche in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing the quiche.
Other breakfast recipes you may love:
Easy Sausage QuichePrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 1 uncooked pie crust (9-inch) pie crust
- 16 ounces bulk breakfast sausage any variety
- ½ cup white onion diced
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF, and line a 9-inch pie pan with the unbaked pie crust.
- Poke holes in the bottom of the pie crust. Optional: Line with parchment paper and use if desired. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven to cool.1 uncooked pie crust
- While the crust bakes, cook the sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat until no pink remains. Then, add the onion and cook until the onion softens. Remove from heat, and drain excess grease.16 ounces bulk breakfast sausage½ cup white onion
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, pepper and salt until well incorporated.6 large eggs⅓ cup whole milk¼ cup sour cream½ teaspoon salt½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Stir the cooled sausage and cheese into the egg mixture, and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the baked crust, and spread into an even layer.1 cup colby-jack cheese
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is set. Allow the quiche to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with fresh parsley or green onions if desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.