Our easy crustless Southwest quiche has all the fresh and smoky flavors from the Southwest; including diced green chiles and tomatoes and Chipotle spices.
Growing up, my Dad used to make quiches from time to time. He used tomatoes, peppers, onions, bacon, and cheese in his dish.
Usually, he would make them for breakfast with a side of toast. Other times, he made his fluffy scrambled eggs.
As I got older, I wanted to do something similar. So, I started experimenting with flavors until I came with my own crustless Southwest quiche.
After that, toss in the onions, drained tomatoes and green chiles, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and Chipotle powder. Use a whisk to combine everything.
Then, transfer the mixture to the pie pan. Be careful not to spill the batter because the pie pan will be pretty full.
Afterward, place the pan into the oven to bake for about 60-75 minutes. When done, the quiche should be cooked through and brown on top.
Last, remove the pan from the oven and let the baked egg dish rest for about 5-minutes before serving.
Quiche can be made a number of ways; either with or without crust. Additionally, you can add a lot of different ingredients to this brunch time classic. For example, bacon, cheese, ham, peppers, onions, spinach, and feta are all tasty ingredient options.
Technically, you can freeze a cooked quiche. However, I don’t recommend it due to the delicate natural of baked eggs. The texture can be very unappealing so, freeze at your own risk.
- Keep an eye on the quiche, especially during the last 15-20 minutes of cooking as it can over brown. If this starts to happen, cover it with a tin-foil tent to keep the top from over cooking.
- It might be a good idea to place the pie pan on a sheet pan while the quiche cooks. Just in case it tries to bubble over the rim of the pan.
- If you want to add meat and cheese to the Southwest quiche, I recommend Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack along with diced precooked ham or pre-cooked chopped bacon.
Southwest Quiche without CrustPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 14.5 ounces tomatoes and green chiles drained
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, diced onions, tomatoes and green chiles, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and chipotle powder. Then, transfer the mixture to the prepared pie plate.8 large eggs1/2 cup white onion14.5 ounces tomatoes and green chiles1 1/2 cups heavy cream1/2 teaspoon kosher salt1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Bake for approximately 60 to 75 minutes, and monitor while cooking as top can brown quickly.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to 3-days.