Our easy crust-less Southwest quiche has all the fresh and smoky flavors from the Southwest; including diced green chiles and tomatoes and Chipotle spices.
Growing up, my Dad used to make quiches from time to time. He used tomatoes, peppers, onions, bacon, and cheese in his dish.
Usually, he would make them for breakfast with a side of toast. Other times, he made his fluffy scrambled eggs.
As I got older, I wanted to do something similar. So, I started experimenting with flavors until I came with my own crustless Southwest quiche.
Is breakfast your favorite meal of the day? Then, check out this Dutch baby pancake recipe!
What goes in quiche?
Can you freeze quiche?
How to make a Southwest quiche?
First, start by preheating your oven to 350° F. and spraying a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, grab a large mixing bowl. Crack the eggs and add them to the bowl.
After that, toss in the onions, drained tomatoes and green chiles, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and Chipotle powder.
Use a whisk to combine everything.
Then, transfer the mixture to the pie pan. Be careful not to spill the batter because the pie pan will be pretty full.
Afterward, place the pan into the oven to bake for about 60-75 minutes. When done, the quiche should be cooked through and brown on top.
Last, remove the pan from the oven and let the baked egg dish rest for about 5-minutes before serving.
That’s it, your Southwest quiche without crust recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- Keep an eye on the quiche, especially during the last 15-20 minutes of cooking as it can over brown. If this starts to happen, cover it with a tin-foil tent to keep the top from over cooking.
- It might be a good idea to place the pie pan on a sheet pan while the quiche cooks. Just in case it tries to bubble over the rim of the pan.
- If you want to add meat and cheese to the Southwest quiche, I recommend Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack along with diced precooked ham or precooked chopped bacon.
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup White Onion, (diced)
- 14.5 Ounces Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles, (one can, drained)
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. and spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, diced onions, drained green chiles and tomatoes, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and Chipotle powder.
- Whisk until all ingredients and well blended. Pour mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Bake for approximately 60 to 75 minutes. Monitor while cooking as top can brown quickly.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to 3-days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1-piece of the Southwest quiche when it can been cut into 8 equal-sized portions. Actual calories will vary. For more information or tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g