*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wondering what to do with the leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Try our turkey salad recipe featuring tangy Dijon mustard, mayo, and crunchy celery and onions!
Leftover turkey, the only bad thing about Thanksgiving. It’s always a chore trying to figure what to do with the extra meat.
Sure, you can make pot pies or even get creative and use all the leftovers to make turkey sliders.
But let’s face it, after cooking for almost a day and half, do you really feel like standing the in the kitchen for another couple of hours?
I know I don’t, that’s why we make turkey salad sandwiches. Quick, easy, and delicious is how I describe them. So, shall we get started?
How to make turkey salad:
First, dice and chop the celery and onions. Next, quickly shred the turkey into bite sized pieces.
Then, grab a large mixing bowl and combine the three (3) cups of turkey with celery, white onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and dill.
Typically, we use a rubber spatula or metal spoon to mix all the ingredients together.
After that, scoop the turkey salad onto anything you desire or you can eat it with a spoon.
Last, transfer any leftovers to a resealable container and store them in your fridge for up to three (3) days.
Kim an I hope you enjoy the recipe and wish you all the best 🙂
Turkey Salad Tips:
- When it comes to meals like chicken or turkey salad, you can serve them on just about anything. Croissants, Melba toast, and lettuce wraps work well; or you can grab a fork and dig in!
- What can you add to turkey salad, you ask? Well, try adding diced apples, dried cranberries, or grapes. Also, stone ground mustard and relish is a great flavor combination.
- What goes well with turkey salad? Personally, I like potato chips but some people might enjoy a fruit salad. Basically, it all comes down to what you like.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 3 Cups Turkey, (shredded or diced into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Celery, (finely chopped about one ((1)) small stalk)
- 1/4 Cup White Onions, (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dill, (dried or fresh)
- 8 Large Croissants
- Salt and Pepper to Taste, (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon, and dill. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on croissants, crackers, or bread. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of half (1/2) a cup of the turkey salad served on a croissant without lettuce. Actual calories will vary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 0.5 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423.69Total Fat: 26.71gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 77.61mgSodium: 459.44mgCarbohydrates: 31.56gFiber: 1.93gSugar: 8.19gProtein: 13.84g