*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanksgiving is definitely a cooking holiday. So give yourself a break and use all those delicious dishes to create gameday sliders everyone can enjoy!
Thanksgiving is a day devoted to cooking and family. While it’s fulfilling, it can also be an exhausting experience.
Furthermore, it can lead to a lot of leftovers. Kim and I figured, why not transform those dishes into a handheld gameday classic?
Not only are these sliders delicious, they are so easy to make.
In less than 10 minutes, you can use most of your Thanksgiving mainstays to prepare an awesome sandwich your whole family will enjoy.
In case you’re wondering, the recipe works perfectly with ham, too. Don’t stop there, feel free to try different ingredients like green bean casserole or mashed potatoes.
That’s one of the best parts of making the dish, it can be personalized. Also, get the rest of the family in the kitchen to help.
Slider Assembly Option One:
There are a couple of different ways to assemble the sliders.
One way is to heat everything separately then build the sliders. (We used this method, and it worked well.)
Slider Assembly Option Two:
The other option is to lay the bottom of the dinner rolls in a baking dish and layer the cold leftovers on top.
Put the dish in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 3-5 minutes.
Add the tops of the rolls, and place the sliders back in the oven for 2-3 minutes. (Keep an eye on the sliders so they don’t dry out.)
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- Dinner rolls
- Thanksgiving leftovers, turkey, ham, stuffing, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, etc.
- Any other Thanksgiving leftover of your choice
- Reheat leftovers separately and assemble sliders.
- Add cranberry sauce cold or room temperature. It does not need to be heated. (We used our Orange Cranberry Sauce and strained out the large pieces.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bottom of the dinner rolls in a baking dish and top with leftovers.
- Put the sliders into a preheated oven just until ingredients are hot (about 10 minutes)
- Add the top of the dinner rolls and place back in the oven for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add cranberry sauce last since it does not need to be heated.
*Calories and servings are approximate and depend on the ingredients used to make the sandwich and the number of sliders made.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Unsaturated Fat: 0g