Give yourself a break this holiday and use all those delicious dishes to create Thanksgiving sliders that everyone can enjoy!
Thanksgiving is a day devoted to cooking and family. While it’s fulfilling, it can also be a tiring experience.
Additionally, it can lead to a lot of leftovers. Kim and I figured, why not transform those dishes into a handheld meal?
Today, we’re re-sharing our Thanksgiving sliders. Updated with new photos, a helpful video, and new instructions!
In about 15-minutes you can create these tasty sliders for your family and friends. Best of all, there’s a step-by-step video for assembly.
How to make Thanksgiving sliders:
First, you need to reheat all those tasty dishes. Personally, I prefer to use the microwave for this step.
It’s easy to reheat everything on medium power. Using a lower power will keep things from drying out.
Next, place the bottom bun on a cutting board or other clean surface. It’s time to assemble the sliders.
Use a rubber spatula to spread out about 1 tablespoon of the creamy mashed potatoes.
Afterward, place 1 to 2 small slices of roasted turkey on top of the mashed potatoes.
As written on the recipe card, you’re going to use about 1 tablespoon of each ingredient.
Then, add the cornbread stuffing on top of the turkey. Now, you don’t have to use that type of stuffing.
Feel free to use any kind you have on-hand. Typically, I make sage stuffing on Thanksgiving. So, I’d use that instead.
Once the stuffing is in place, put a dollop of cranberry sauce on the sandwich. At this point, your slider is pretty stacked.
However, we still have one more ingredient to add to the mix.
After that, drizzle brown (or turkey) gravy over the cranberry sauce. Last, place the top bun over the gravy.
That’s it, your Thanksgiving sliders are done! Kim and I hope you enjoy them and wish you all the best 🙂
One last thought before I go. I feel most people will agree that 2020 has been challenging.
Keep that in mind this holiday season and make the most of the time you have with family and friends.
Thanksgiving Sliders Tips:
- When it comes to reheating the leftovers, you have 2 options. You can use your microwave or you can assemble the sliders and place them in a large baking dish. Cover them with aluminum foil and reheat everything at 325ºF for about 10 to 15 minutes. However, keep an eye on them if you use this method. You don’t want the buns to burn!
- Everybody has their own special Thanksgiving recipes. Keep that in mind when making these sliders because sodium can become a real issue. Meaning, if your stuffing is a little salty, it might overwhelm the rest of the flavors in the slider.
- Don’t be afraid to add other leftovers. For example, green bean casserole or candied yams will add another layer of flavor to the dish. Be adventurous and experiment with your own ingredients to create a unique Thanksgiving slider.
Other Thanksgiving recipes you may love:
- 10 Slider Buns
- 1.5 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1.5 Lbs. Turkey (roasted)
- 1.5 Cups Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 Cup Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Cup Brown Gravy
Reheat the mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy in your microwave on medium power.
Place the bottom bun down on a cutting board. Add the mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy in 1-tablespoon (or so) amounts.
Place the top bun on the slider and serve while warm.
Leftover sliders can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to 3-days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 Thanksgiving slider. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 604mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 26g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.