Lucky Charms Ice Cream is a homemade treat made with a sweet, no churn ice cream base and filled with your favorite marshmallow cereal. No fancy ice cream maker is needed! Make this delicious dessert for a fun sleepover or party! Serve it up in your favorite waffle cone, top with extra cereal, and indulge. Just be careful, or everyone will be after your Lucky Charms!
Lucky Charms Ice Cream
Homemade Lucky Charms Ice Cream is a magically delicious dessert that is easily made right in your own kitchen. No ice cream maker needed, just an electric mixer with a whisk attachment.
This no churn ice cream has a sweet base and a consistency similar to soft serve ice cream. The addition of Lucky Charms makes for a fun surprise in every bite.
Make a big batch for parties and delight guests with their favorite breakfast cereal served in a totally unique way! This recipe is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or as a springtime treat!
How to Make Lucky Charms Ice Cream
- Using a large bowl and an electric mixer, pour in the heavy whipping cream. Use a whisk attachment to whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk and salt, adjusting the speed to medium. Beat the mixture until just combined.
- Now gently fold in the Lucky Charms cereal and marshmallows. Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours. We like to just go ahead and freeze it overnight.
- Once frozen you can scoop it into waffle cones or your favorite ice cream bowls. Garnish with extra Lucky Charms and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- This recipe is very easily doubled or tripled to use for a crowd or at parties.
- You don’t have to use a loaf pan, you can use any metal pan you have. DO be careful when scooping the ice cream so you don’t scratch and damage your metal pans.
- This particular type of ice cream won’t freeze super hard. It has more of a soft serve consistency so it’s best to keep in the freezer until just before serving so that it doesn’t melt too quickly.
- You could try this with other cereal flavors as well.
- Add a dash of food coloring to the ice cream for a more colorful treat.
Storage: Store this ice cream in a freezer safe container for up to 2 months. The Lucky Charms cereal pieces do tend to get a little soggy after a bit so if you want to just use the marshmallows in the actual ice cream and garnish with the cereal when serving you can choose to do that instead.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk, (½ a 14 ounce can)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Waffle cones, for serving
- Waffle bowls, for serving
- Lucky Charms Marshmallows, for garnish
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a large bowl. Use an electric mixer with whisk attachment and whip until soft peaks form.1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and salt. Adjust the speed to medium and beat just until combined.7 ounces sweetened condensed milk½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fold in the Lucky Charms cereal and marshmallows. Transfer to a freezer-safe container (we used a loaf pan).1 cup Lucky Charms cereal1 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Cover, and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop into waffle cones or bowls and enjoy! Garnish with additional Lucky Charms Marshmallows if desired!Waffle conesWaffle bowlsLucky Charms Marshmallows